*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
I can't find it :(

This is everything in my settings: http://imgur.com/a/SypKz

If I go into 'About device' there is some battery information in there but none of it is clickable. I'm so confused. On my Nexus 5 there is a 'Battery' option in the main settings menu.

The only thing I can think is that I've used a package disabler app to get rid of some bloatware, but I've just double checked and I have disabled anything that would be related to the battery information.

Should be here, which version of android and is software customized by network operator? If you still have samsung smart manager, theres a link to the battery setting on the app
I3XfCva.png

Soldato
Sorted it, I'd disabled the Smart Manager (com.samsung.android.sm) package, which was highlighted as bloatware in the app I use, when in actual fact you need it in order to see the Battery option in the system settings.

Soldato
Anyone using the Xposed framework on their S6?

I really want to change the ugly status bar icons back to ones like stock Android, but voiding my warranty for that (I assumed using Xposed voids warranty) seems a little excessive just to do that!

Last edited:
Associate
Just put an order in for an Edge, can't wait! At work currently so can't do much googling but does anyone have any case/screen protector recommendations that have gone down well in here?

Associate
Just put an order in for an Edge, can't wait! At work currently so can't do much googling but does anyone have any case/screen protector recommendations that have gone down well in here?

I would recommend the Orzly FlexiSlim case, maintains the slim feel of the phone, good grip and slightly transparent.

Or the Obliq Ultra Slim Fit which offers protection for the camera, downside is it ends up looking like an iPhone and adds a lot of bulk.

Soldato
Just bought an S6 32GB sim free £365. Bought my case but scratching my head which tempered glass to buy (if I even should buy one at all).

Buy a protector the screen is like Swiss cheese. Mine scratched to hell within 5 days (Twice Samsung replaced the screen under warranty because of scratches) and I've no idea how. The Pet protector I put on is Mark free after a month and I abuse it now.

Associate
Thanks for the recommendations, loving this thing so far apart from the random reboots? Anyone else get this? It's only been out of the box about an hour or two

Has now hard-locked on me about six times, getting very tired of this..

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone using the Xposed framework on their S6?

I really want to change the ugly status bar icons back to ones like stock Android, but voiding my warranty for that (I assumed using Xposed voids warranty) seems a little excessive just to do that!

Yup I'm using it. Amplify is nearly ready for 64bit. No trouble so far with it, just need developers to update their modules for 64bit.

Soldato
Thanks for the recommendations, loving this thing so far apart from the random reboots? Anyone else get this? It's only been out of the box about an hour or two

Had mine since June and haven't had a single reboot tbh I would have already arranged a return if I were you.

I got an update yesterday of a couple of hundred odd mb and it seems even snappier today still v pleased with my s6.

Associate
Had mine since June and haven't had a single reboot tbh I would have already arranged a return if I were you.

I got an update yesterday of a couple of hundred odd mb and it seems even snappier today still v pleased with my s6.

Have already arranged for a return, having done some research it's a common-ish fault. Other than these lock ups i'm very happy with the phone, screen is great. Been using it at work today and had two lock ups so far, pretty annoying. The £15 screen protector I put on it is another kick in the teeth, sigh.

Soldato
^ Good call re the return, the s6 release seems to be a release of two phones one bad one good, some folk like myself have the best phone they've ever had and others get a nightmare.

Mine has the Sony cam was manufactured in S Korea and was destined for France if that's useful info on the two tracks the s6 can take.

Soldato

If that was me id personally return it. Iv never had random reboots or hard locks on any phone apart from when I would use a custom rom or custom kernel that was overclocked and there wasn't enough voltage getting to the CPU. A reboot is usually a voltage or heat issue so if you've only had it two days personally I would get a replacement.

Associate
Has anyone noticed a new "feature" where the phone will automatically reboot itself at set times to keep it running smoothly.

Doesn't inspire confidence in Android/Touchwiz.

Soldato

I'm waiting for that update. The phone runs great but I haven't noticed any difference from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1. Someone on here said the extra 200mb update is the one that really improves things including battery.

Soldato
There's an article in the Sun today (I was having my hair cut and it was on the chair next to me so I glanced at it while I was waiting <yes I feel dirty>) and it buts Samsung S6 dead last for battery usage compared to a whole bag of other phones.

Soldato
I'm waiting for that update. The phone runs great but I haven't noticed any difference from 5.0.2 to 5.1.1. Someone on here said the extra 200mb update is the one that really improves things including battery.

How do you tell if you've had it? Why hasn't everyone had it?

Permabanned
Just got a S6 Platinum Gold 32GB upgraded from an LG G2 :cool: Superb and feels amazing to hold.

The battery so far is slightly worse but charges much quicker.

Excellent phone :)

Soldato
How do you tell if you've had it? Why hasn't everyone had it?

You can set the phone to auto update and I think it informs you it's going to download data, but I just check manually every now and then. Can also set it to only download when wi-fi is on. Different carriers seem to roll out the updates at their own pace. I got my 5.1.1 update from EE after others already had it, although some people are flashing the updates from source before their carrier has it.

Back
Top Bottom