new help with new workout routine

Soldato
Hi all,

I having been doing the same routine for over 2 years now, I go the gym usually twice a week.. as i have hockey on other two days.
What i do is the following:
5 x 5 Squat
5 x 5 Shoulder Press
5 x 5 Benchpress
5 x 5 Bendover row
5/3 x 5 Deadlift

Followed by 4 mins of HIIT cardio and some strecthes.
I have been told I should change my workout routine every 8 weeks or so as the body gets used to it.
What could I change my routine to for 2 months before returning back my current one for another 2 months. Then just cycle between the two workout routines every 2 months.

Thanks in advance guys :)

Soldato
What weights have you got to?

Not sure I agree on the 8 week thing - I know what they mean but a periodicised training plan can be repeated ad infinitum for gainz. Banging out 3x8 @ 45kg on the smith machine for 8 weeks may well reach a plateua ;)

More seriously, I really like Wendler 531 for a periodic regime with different weights and reps each week that you can just keep running through.

Soldato
OP
Not very much... I weigh about 62KG..

Bench press - 60 to 62.5KG, I can't manage to get 65KG down to my chest and back up again.
Squat - 57.5 to 60KG - I have very weedy chicken legs
Shoulder press - 40 to 42.5KG
Bendover rows - 40 to45KG
Deadlift - 80 to 85KG

There is a range of weights, as it depends on the day and how i feel how much i can lift.

Ed

Ed

Soldato
Not very much... I weigh about 62KG..

Bench press - 60 to 62.5KG, I can't manage to get 65KG down to my chest and back up again.
Squat - 57.5 to 60KG - I have very weedy chicken legs
Shoulder press - 40 to 42.5KG
Bendover rows - 40 to45KG
Deadlift - 80 to 85KG

There is a range of weights, as it depends on the day and how i feel how much i can lift.
Just for context, what's your height?

Are you gaining? If not, eat more. I wouldn't bother changing your routine until you know it doesn't work and if things aren't working it's almost always diet. You can gain for years with dips, chins and squats if your diet is good.

Soldato
OP
I am 172cm tall roughly.
I am trying to eat more healthly, by cutting out sugary foods and drinks. When i tend to gain weight is always goes around my tummy and hips :/

Back
Top Bottom