Latest immigration figures.

Soldato
thanks to the Tories introducing a 2 child cap I won't be :)

nah baby murdering is a good thing in a civilised society that respects womens rights

Might be 3 now with U turn tory government
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-31743031

Only £27.10 a week short from uncle dowrie, only first child cost big money.

The same civilised society that doesn't respect a baby's right to life? Ironically it will be female babies the biggest victims of abortion.

Caporegime
the USA seems to do OK with all that 'uncontrolled' immigration across different states...

I don't believe it erodes workers rights over there either... they also allow 'genocide' aka abortions....

though to be fair they have their own share of xenophobes and anti abortionists just like we have on this very thread...

Caporegime
even billionaires will tell you trickle down is dog poop, there's a documentary on it where they have a bunch of rich people who are against it

Soldato
even billionaires will tell you trickle down is dog poop, there's a documentary on it where they have a bunch of rich people who are against it

Yeah I know, I'm just giving it as an example how something was packaged up and sold to people as a great idea and which would benefit the country.

At one point that idea was immigration and I'm waiting for it all to blow up.

Soldato
The US doesn't have the internal wealth/opportunity disparity that exists within the EU.

If they invited central and southern american countries in the union, it would cause untold problems.

Exactly. The issues everyone seems to have with 'immigration' are actually largely down to a small number of less wealthy EU countries. Immigration into the UK from outside the EU is actually fairly difficult.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28491871 said:
Err yes we do, we have a stricter immigration policy than Australia - there is no skills system for example.

The key difference is that as members of the EU we cannot prevent EU residents from moving here. This isn't an immigration policy issue. If you discount the EU effect our immigration policy is very restrictive and there are often sob stories in the media about people whose wife isn't allowed to move here to be with them etc.

This is why most of the immigration into the UK is from the EU - everyone else finds it very hard to legally immigrate to the UK. A British plumber for example could move to Australia if he has the right skills. An Australian plumber would find it very difficult if not impossible to do the reverse without some other circumstances ie family.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant.

Best takedown I've seen to date! Brilliant. :D

Soldato
the USA seems to do OK with all that 'uncontrolled' immigration across different states...

Now I haven't been to enough American states for a decent comparison.. I am well aware cultures do change from state to state but is it really by that much when you are comparing to immigration across Europe?

I don't feel like that is a pretty fair comparison. However I am looking to be enlightened more than anything.

Say someone from Texas going to New York (two most different states I am aware of (through generalisations)). Is that really that much f a culture shock. Americans are very much 'MERICA!!! trumps all. Extremely patriotic.

I just don't think you can compare that to Estonians, Romanians, Slovenians coming to the UK.

Could be wrong though.

IMO a better comparison would be South America being allowed free movement into North America...

Back
Top Bottom