What watch do you wear?

Associate
Hi guys, need some help if possible!

I have my heart set on a Tissot PRC 200 (T17158652).

Now this is the older model which i prefer over the one, however there doesn't seem to be any legit UK retailers currently selling this.

I came across a company called "StagStores" on eBay which look authentic but a quick Google and someone stated they bought this model from them and it was a fake.

So... any ideas where I could get this new and genuine or confirm that it's genuine?

Think I've managed to get one from an official reseller!

Hopefully it arrives by Tuesday :)

Soldato
I actually prefer the weight of the steel over ti!

I've not felt a ti watch before, but in higher end cutlery, it's my preferred handle material by a long shot due to its 'warmth', weight (or lack thereof compared to steel) and strength.

It's something that needs to be tried though, especially in something that's going to be with you that often and on your wrist!

Man of Honour
Due to my Moto360 being with Motorola and an argument ensuing over whether I tried to fix it myself or not (see the Android Wear thread in Mobiles)... I'm currently a stainless steel Mondaine Big Date with a white dial and the stainless steel mesh strap.

It's nice enough. But I miss my 360.

Soldato
Due to my Moto360 being with Motorola and an argument ensuing over whether I tried to fix it myself or not (see the Android Wear thread in Mobiles)... I'm currently a stainless steel Mondaine Big Date with a white dial and the stainless steel mesh strap.

It's nice enough. But I miss my 360.

Mondaine is an unfortunate name for a brand!

Soldato
I'd like opinions on the following watches. I really like the design of the Seamaster 300 but I'm not sure whether to go for the standard steel or titanium version.

The weight doesn't bother me but I'd like to know how both will hold up to day-to-day use. Is one harder wearing than the other? If the titanium wears better then I can justify the cost.

These are the two I'm looking at.

I would go for the steel, it's actually the watch I want too :(

Soldato
Traded my 116610LN against a brand new LV at watchfinder yesterday

5C9851F1-FC80-41D8-817C-718CA28D17F6_zps5emgazee.jpg

Caporegime
I do like Rolexes, but I just can't get over the stigma attached to them. The amount of wannabe flashy sods who have bought them over the years as a trophy and advertisement for wealth has really ruined the brand imo. Even in Switzerland the perception of people who wear them is bad.

Soldato
I do like Rolexes, but I just can't get over the stigma attached to them. The amount of wannabe flashy sods who have bought them over the years as a trophy and advertisement for wealth has really ruined the brand imo. Even in Switzerland the perception of people who wear them is bad.

Just don't think about what others think when you wear one. If they're the sort to judge you by your watch then you have no reason to worry about what they think of you!

Soldato

i think rolex has been long surpassed as the go to brand for flashy sods

think Richard Mille, Audemars and others

Soldato

I always loved the look of the Explorer II and wanted one since I was about 16. Agree maybe there was/is a bit of a stigma, but I don't really care. There are loads of other watches out there that are way more flashy. Think of a gold daytona, or a Hublot, Panerai, Louis Vuitton etc. I also like that they hold their value pretty well, I bought mine in Panama and could sell it for about what I paid for it.

Soldato
maybe

but if you want to show off id argue that these days a rolex wont cut it :p

Oh I agree with that - they don't make anything big enough to catch enough attention. I was just meaning the brand name is more recognisable than some of the others out there that are actually far more expensive. In terms of looks, I very much agree, Rolex don't make anything as showy as some of the others out there.

You need a master chime to really show off!

Edit: it's worth noting that I see this as a good thing - I like the fact that other brands are far surpassing (and have been for years) the likes of Rolex in the ****** showy factor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom