SBS2008 Remote Desktop Problem

Soldato
Hi all,

Have spent a few hours on the following and have made little progress, I think I'm at the point where I need to take a step back and revisit the problem with fresh ideas. I'm hoping some external pointers could be of help too...

A basic SBS 2008 setup running Remote Web Workplace.
~6 office PCs.

Remote access is seldom used by the staff but at time of last use, some 6-9 months back perhaps, worked fine via RWW. It's now not working.

Now, when attempting to connect via RWW I mostly receive:
Capture.JPG

On occasion, I've instead received:
Capture2.JPG

If I attempt to connect via Remote Desktop (with RD Gateway configured) I receive:
Capture3.JPG

I can Remote Desktop around the internal LAN between server and PCs, and vice-versa.

WAN Ports 25, 443 and 987 are open and forwarded to the server.

I've tried connecting from multiple client machines, Windows Vista, 7 and 10. All produce the same error.

I've ran "Fix my Network" in the SBS console.

Any ideas would be very welcome and appreciated!

Soldato
Connecting to the server or the workstations via RWW?

If workstations, check the rdp ports are open on the client windows firewall settings. A couple of my SBS sites have had them disabled, by what I'm not sure but I presume an update.

Associate
Make sure you've added the RWW Site to IE Comparability list. Can you Remote Desktop to the Server using the Gateway Address? This way you will know the Router is Port forwarding 443 correctly.

Are you using a self signed SSL Cert?

Rob

Back
Top Bottom