*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Think my playstation may be on its way out, so far this week when ive switched it off after few minutes it will give the 3 beeps, if theres a disk in then it will spit it out and switch itself back on and beep away and weird noise come from the disc drive, so far has happened 3 times.

Yeah this is the eject disc tray error that my early revision PS4 had as well, if it keeps making the noise even without a disc in the tray. It's basically constantly trying to eject a disc >> http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9939/~/the-ps4-automatically-ejects-a-disc

You can stop it doing this my unplugging the PS4 and holding down the power button for about a minute, then leave PS4 unplugged for about 3-5 minutes, plug back in and power it back on and get it will run a HDD check, for some reason this fixes the error but it's not permanent.

That's why I went and bought the new model, as it comes with physical buttons (Not touch sensitive static based) so tray eject error won't happen anymore. You can remove the rubber on bottom of console to fix the error but then I think warranty is invalid, better to RMA or buy the new revision and pass your older console on.

Last edited:
Associate
I keep reading about a possible PS4 Slim reveal in October? Some say this was actually the CUH 1200, but other places are showing a new redesigned console, with smaller dimensions.

What do we think?

Well that's a bit silly of them. They could have made the one in the MGSV bundle a slim, since a lot of people are buying that one. Though it's not as stupid as Nintendo announcing the releasing the new 3DS after the release of Smash Bros, where there was a limited edition Smash Bros 3DS XL, but it wasn't the new one. Which I think can use the nipple pad like the c-stick on a normal controller.

I'm not too fond of these constant iterations on consoles. Either the new one has slightly better specs and may slightly annoy those who got the older version (i.e. new 3DS) close to it's release or the new one is worse and they stop making/selling the older version (PS3 super slim).

Soldato
I keep reading about a possible PS4 Slim reveal in October? Some say this was actually the CUH 1200, but other places are showing a new redesigned console, with smaller dimensions.

What do we think?

Can't see them making one this year. Also i can't see them announcing two new consoles a month or so ago and not just hold out to announce this one.

Is it not just the one that is meant to be 10% lighter, but that's it??

Associate
Im getting sick of my PS4 not doing remote downloads of games and auto updates correctly.

Last night as a test PS4 was in rest mode, i logged into the PS store via the website on the PC, went to a games page and selected download to PS4,

About 2 seconds after doing that the PS4's orange light started to flash/glow and its harddrive spun up. I though ohh its working now.

Came back tonight (been at least 20+ hours) expecting that the game would have downloaded and installed.

Nope, when i switched it on, all it had done was added the game and its update file to the download list and then started its download.

I have all options in rest mode turned on, the settings in PSPlus auto upload/download etc turned on, but for some reason mine just wont do it.

Anyone else having the same problems

Associate
Well that's a bit silly of them. They could have made the one in the MGSV bundle a slim, since a lot of people are buying that one. Though it's not as stupid as Nintendo announcing the releasing the new 3DS after the release of Smash Bros, where there was a limited edition Smash Bros 3DS XL, but it wasn't the new one. Which I think can use the nipple pad like the c-stick on a normal controller.

I'm not too fond of these constant iterations on consoles. Either the new one has slightly better specs and may slightly annoy those who got the older version (i.e. new 3DS) close to it's release or the new one is worse and they stop making/selling the older version (PS3 super slim).

Lol i still have every Launch Playstation :) My PS3 heats my house in winter after 2 mins and the fans kick into overdrive :)
The redesigned consoles are usually cheaper to make for the manufacturers

Associate
Has there been some sort of update for the media player on the ps4? I stream tv and films from my PC using Serviio, and it's worked great up until now. For some reason, films i've been able to watch with no problem before now have no sound and i just get the 'audio format not supported' message? :confused:

Caporegime
Has there been some sort of update for the media player on the ps4? I stream tv and films from my PC using Serviio, and it's worked great up until now. For some reason, films i've been able to watch with no problem before now have no sound and i just get the 'audio format not supported' message? :confused:

There was a firmware update a few days ago which was just the ambiguous system software stability stuff. Maybe it's to do with that?

Caporegime
OP
They have just released a new version of the PS4 (lighter, quieter and uses less power). Basically it's more efficient and cheaper to make no doubt.

Therefore I wouldn't bet on a slim for another year or two at least. They may never release a slim though until xbox do as their current console is about half the size of their competitors no need to make a smaller one.

So the smart thing would be to keep making improvements within the current shell. Wait for MS to launch a slim then launch their own slim which takes the shine off MS's.

If you want to buy a ps4 get the new revision. Don't hold out for a slim as it will be years away.

MS however need to launch a slim badly there current version is ridiculously big.

Im getting sick of my PS4 not doing remote downloads of games and auto updates correctly.

Last night as a test PS4 was in rest mode, i logged into the PS store via the website on the PC, went to a games page and selected download to PS4,

About 2 seconds after doing that the PS4's orange light started to flash/glow and its harddrive spun up. I though ohh its working now.

Came back tonight (been at least 20+ hours) expecting that the game would have downloaded and installed.

Nope, when i switched it on, all it had done was added the game and its update file to the download list and then started its download.

I have all options in rest mode turned on, the settings in PSPlus auto upload/download etc turned on, but for some reason mine just wont do it.

Anyone else having the same problems

Is the console set as primary console for that account?

Associate
Lol i still have every Launch Playstation :) My PS3 heats my house in winter after 2 mins and the fans kick into overdrive :)
The redesigned consoles are usually cheaper to make for the manufacturers

Yeah the PS3 Super Slim is cheaper to make, since they got rid of the slot-loading disc drive and replaced it with a tacky flimsy plastic cover, which just opens and the disc is put directly in like an old CD player. I still prefer the original Slim though, why is why that's the one I have. I went out of my way to find a used one when they weren't available in shops anymore. It's fairly quiet and I heard that there were issues with the earlier models of the Super Slims. Didn't take any chances and stuck to the tried and true.

Typical! Got a copy of mgs5 here. Just no ps4 to play it on! :( should have ordered one day earlier!

You should have ordered the MGS5 PS4 bundle mate. GAME is the only place that does it in the UK, but they dropped their price down to £320 I think. Best place to order it was from French Amazon or gamestop.ie (exactly the same region as the one sold in Game) at £300, or even less if you were lucky and got in early when it was a tad cheaper.

Associate
Well my 3 week old PS4 has bitten the bullet! Put MGS 5 in played through the first mission then tried to play again 20 minutes later to be welcomed with a 'corrupt data message' PS4 switched off then came back onto safe mode, won't complete the hard drive check despite my best efforts - initialised it but no difference - so a tad frustrated to say the least!

Associate
Well my 3 week old PS4 has bitten the bullet! Put MGS 5 in played through the first mission then tried to play again 20 minutes later to be welcomed with a 'corrupt data message' PS4 switched off then came back onto safe mode, won't complete the hard drive check despite my best efforts - initialised it but no difference - so a tad frustrated to say the least!

Send it back ASAP.

If it did come to it though you could try wiping the HDD and downloading the firmware from the sony site to a usb and then reinstall it on the HDD.

Or if you have a PC check the HDD for errors, may just be a faulty one.

Soldato

As said don't bother trying to fix this, just get it totally replaced as its not a common issue and sounds like the HD has maybe corrupted but seeing as its so new i'd not want to try home fixes, I'd be requesting a brand new replacement ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom