***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
I couldn't resist, and regressed to my childhood. However, there is now much building to be done .... :D
IMG_0195.jpg

Ouch! Don't even want to know how much lol :)

Have fun and say bye to the skin on your fingers :D

Associate
@ TheOtherOption - Go on, press the buy button. I grant you permission. It will ease your suffering

@traveyb - Yup, paid a few pennies, that's for sure. But, most of us on these forums don't blink an eye if we spend as much on a graphics card, so why should it cause angst on some Lego ? That's how I rationalised it to myself anyway.

By the way, you should be able to find the Merc truck online for way less than the £215 you saw it for in the shops. Mine cost approx. £160.

Last edited:
Soldato
Decided to start with the crane crawler for an easier re-introduction to Technic building .... chassis underway.

IMG_0196.jpg

Am I the only one that is disappointed that the new LEGO technics has rounded edges and is more forgiving on the fingers? I miss the whole LEGO mine field and the sore fingers on Xmas day evening :D

Associate
I bought myself the Ghostbusters set last week. Just started building it yesterday, without the kids help.

NOl5IUL

Then I got dragged into Smyth's toy shop yesterday and I happened to stumble across the only one of these they had left. It was obviously destined to be mine....... That's what I told the other half anyway.

1i6IUtb

Last edited:
Associate
@ TheOtherOption - Go on, press the buy button. I grant you permission. It will ease your suffering

@traveyb - Yup, paid a few pennies, that's for sure. But, most of us on these forums don't blink an eye if we spend as much on a graphics card, so why should it cause angst on some Lego ? That's how I rationalised it to myself anyway.

By the way, you should be able to find the Merc truck online for way less than the £215 you saw it for in the shops. Mine cost approx. £160.

If you put it like that...I'm going on a spending spree! They did say recently that Lego is a better investment than gold lol :)

Will keep an eye out for the truck, I just don't know where I'm going to put the damn thing...need a man cave

Associate
Yeah - modelling desk where I build and paint my warhammer as well as my Lego.

Very tempted to order the technic arctic truck as tesco are doing clubcard boost on it at the moment.

Associate
If you put it like that...I'm going on a spending spree! They did say recently that Lego is a better investment than gold lol :)

Certainly does seem to hold its value very well from looking at prices of discontinued sets on the internet. That's one of the reasons why I decided to buy the mobile crane set now. I believe it's about to be discontinued ( or maybe already has ) and wanted to grab it whilst availability and price were still decent.

Enjoy your spending spree. Treat yourself :)

Associate
I woke up to emails from the Entertainer that the B Wing and the Spaceship were back in stock, but when I went to the site they were sold out again :(.

Got an email saying the B-Wing was back in stock at about 4.30am. When I woke up to at about half six it was still there, so order placed!

Caporegime
Got an email saying the B-Wing was back in stock at about 4.30am. When I woke up to at about half six it was still there, so order placed!

Dammit, that confirms that there was stock and I'm just too late by the time I get up in the morning. I got an email today too, but its sold out now.

Associate
It's part of their buy one get one for a penny deal - buy one at full price and get a second for a penny, so two B-wings are £50 (£25 each, or one for storage and selling on down the line)

Back
Top Bottom