Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Mine and the wife's MacBooks have no LEDs on them. My PC, in the study, has one single white LED. You can avoid products with garish LED lights.

The older MacBooks had a white sleep LED that doubled up as headlights. Was using my 2006 one in bed one night, shut the lid and put it on the floor. The pulsing glow from under the bed was like an effect from Encounters of the Third Kind!

Soldato
Why do all mice have bright Leds on 'em. I so need to bin my annoying mouse and find one without silly lights.
And that goes for everything these days, should get some gaffe tape and start making bedroom dark again, without a multitude of what could be called Christmas lights.
Ggrrrrrr.
* rant over*

Playing on the computer in a dark room is bad for your eyes, you grumpy old man. :D

Soldato
Pretty hard in a house share.
But I dont have a desktop.
Htpc is full of Leda, laptop charger has bright blue light.
Mouse for laptop has bright blue light.
Several other chargers have Leds
TV has red standby led, why does it need a standby led.
Tablet has white charger led.
Hair clippers, white flashing charging led. Why for the love of god.

Think i'll get some gaffe tape tomorrow, been meaning to do it for ages.

why dont you just unplug them or turn them off like normal people

Soldato
Wtf, normal people do not switch things off, most plug sockets aren't even easy to get to.

Yep going around the house turning off sockets is the first sign of dementia setting in.

I have literally 2 things plugged into the mains in my bedroom - an alarm clock and a lamp. Plenty stuff with standby LEDs in the lounge and PC in the spare room

Soldato
wmnept.jpg

Cookies and cream flavour. Apparently your meant to eat them chilled, so its like eating cookies and cream ice cream :D

Soldato
I sleep in the same room as all my gear and the LEDs from various devices can get annoying when trying to fall asleep at night.

I started taping them up last week, bought some cheapie electrical tap from Robert dyas to put over them. At first I thought it would be opaque, but turns out it shine through the tape still. I put a few more layers on and it resulted in the perfect opacity whereby you can still see the led if looking for it on a device, but it wasn't bright enough to reflect off the wall or illuminate anywhere.

It was the cheap multi-coloured 4 pack they have.

Soldato
The older MacBooks had a white sleep LED that doubled up as headlights. Was using my 2006 one in bed one night, shut the lid and put it on the floor. The pulsing glow from under the bed was like an effect from Encounters of the Third Kind!

I miss the old pulsing light. Although perhaps not the too bright ones from older MacBooks.

Wtf, normal people do not switch things off, most plug sockets aren't even easy to get to.

I should imagine 'normal' people turn a lot of things off. You don't even need to turn a lot of stuff off at the plug!

Man of Honour
I should imagine 'normal' people turn a lot of things off. You don't even need to turn a lot of stuff off at the plug!

Yes you do, what charger has an off button, in fact how many things have an off button. A few things have a standby button, this doesn't switch leds off most of the time. On top of that people generally use overnight to charge things.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom