***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Picked up Wall-E from a Lego Store today, they didn't have the new Series 14 minifigures though, delayed delivery or something :/

Nothing a quick trip to Smyths couldn't solve :D

Soldato
Lego related, grabbed a bargain for my 2yr old son today. Two carrier bags full of Duplo Lego plus a couple of the large base plates (oh and large box of Duplo sized Megabloks :o), all for just a tenner.

I've managed to get a load of Duplo for the grandson off eBay for peanuts. Getting him used to building so I can buy him Lego...for when he is older. Obviously.

Caporegime
Update on the amazon wall-e now preparing for dispatch :D

Mine arrived yesterday and I built it last night.

Its great. With the exception of the slightly annoying neck joint its a really quality build. Its also one of those great value for money sets that makes other sets look horrifically expensive. Sitting it next to my Big Bang Theory set, which it dwarfs, and then realising Sheldon and co cost 50% more than Wall-E is quite scary!

Got another email from The Entertainer last night about the B Wing being in stock again, but I think their site is glitched. It said it was available, I added it to my basket and then when I tried to pay it said it wasn't available for home delivery. Tried a few times and then it changed to showing Out of Stock :(.

Caporegime
Never seen it as low as £25 each though.

I have, but it's mostly £27-28 and for the sake of 2 or 3 quid I'd rather not have the faff of reselling. If it was saving a tenner I might but £3, doesn't seem worth it to me :)

Of course storing it is different but I don't see this kit being worth much later, the figures aren't that sought after.

Caporegime
I have, but it's mostly £27-28 and for the sake of 2 or 3 quid I'd rather not have the faff of reselling. If it was saving a tenner I might but £3, doesn't seem worth it to me :)

Of course storing it is different but I don't see this kit being worth much later, the figures aren't that sought after.

You'd buy 2 for £50 and then sell one for £40 on eBay, so you get a B Wing for a tenner.

Caporegime
Yes minus postage and ebay and likely PayPal fees still ain't worth the hassle. You won't be getting it for a tenner. False economy. It's hard to make the saving worth it on small kits. Especially as everyone tries it on eBay. Might do better on gumtree.

Caporegime
Ok... You'd buy 2 for £50 and then sell one for £40 on Gumtree, so you get a B Wing for a tenner. :p

Do the same with Bennys Spaceship and you could probably get that for a net £30 or something.

Caporegime
Wow there must be some keen people out there. Just got 2 emails saying that the Spaceship and the B Wing were back in stock at the Entertainer, and by the time I got to the site the B Wing was already sold out again!

Got 2x Spaceships for £80 though so I'm happy with that.

Back
Top Bottom