Tattoo after care

Soldato
That video is disgusting.

I like the idea of a tattoo but the design and the commitment, I want to make sure it's right, I've got something but not 100% on it. Plus, I feel I'm a bit too skinny it'll look a bit weird!

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Had a dig around, and apparently, according to a couple of comments on Youtube she IS dead and it was as a result of an infected cut, rather than the tattoo. :(

Soldato
I have the best part on I would say 100+ hrs in the tat chair I think I have used almost every product named in the thread, there is no difference on any part of my ink I would say the care is more important then the product cream for most people.

Associate
Redemption or Hustle Butter Deluxe are very good.

El Gato Negro Tattoo Cream is doing the rounds at conventions in the UK at the moment and looks to be picking up a good following with lots of artists.

Unscented Palmers Cocoa Butter works a treat too.

Since Bepanthan changed the formula a year or so ago and bumped up the amount of lanolin in it, it's not really suited for tattoo aftercare anymore.

Soldato
I've used bananthan 3 times a day once in morning, once at about lunch time, once again before bed. Whatever you do don't strach it :eek: If I got itchy in that area I used to just pat some water on the tattoo and around the area. I was told to keep the area as hydrated as much as possible, so keep out of sunlight but if it starts to feel a bit dry just dab some water over it with you fingers.

Worked fine for both my tattoo's and both look almost as good as the day I had them done :)

edit:
Since Bepanthan changed the formula a year or so ago and bumped up the amount of lanolin in it, it's not really suited for tattoo aftercare anymore.

huh I did not know that. That said my last tattoo was about 4-5 years ago. I will keep that in mind if I decide to get another one !

Associate
This thread has peaked my interest so have just ordered some Tattoo Goo to try on my upcoming piece, was about the same price as bepanthem anyway.

Will let you know how it goes, thanks for the link. :)

Soldato
Use Savlon instead, not as sticky and absorbs into the tattoo, bepanthen attracts fluff and will ruin your clothes.

Don't use Savlon imo.

Savlon has changed formula in the last few years and will affect the colour of your tattoo - this is what I've heard from a couple of artists of late so I've steered clear since.

Bepanthen or dedicated tattoo stuff for me. Once it's mostly done scabbing I use E45.

Back
Top Bottom