Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
This games brilliant, only on mission 12 but everyone beens great. Only thing that annoys me so far is going from mission to mission on horseback. It takes ages sometimes and i keep getting lost

Associate
2n9jhva.jpg

:D

You have an extra copy of the game. Sell the one included with the console to recoup some of the costs of buying both. That's what I'd do. I was very tempted to buy that Collector's Edition, but the LE PS4 is pricey enough. Thankfully I got the PC version of the game free with the Nvidia promotion and some good faith on the part of OCUK (speak of the devil). Incidentally, it included all the in-game pre-purchase content. The only difference from buying it on Steam is no free copy of GZ or Collector's video.

My Ltd edition ps4 has been delivered from gamestopie but I'm at work argh

Hah, mine arrived while I was in the middle of a cutscene in the first mission (mission 0?). I put the box next to the PS3 box, next to the X360 box and under the WiiU box. I just love boxes. Maybe I was a cat in a previous life. I'll open it if I get space (and the 360/PS3 is moved downstairs) or if my brother really wants to play the game (by having played all the other ones first).

Maybe a dumb question but how do you restart from the last check point or start a mission from scratch? I wanna do missions without being spotted and if I am I want to quickly restart but can't find the options in the menu. I have to tediously wait to be killed each time.

It's usually there when you press pause for the options (back button on 360/XB1 pad). There's both restart from mission and restart from checkpoint. You can also quit to title screen which removes all progress since the last checkpoint. I use that since checkpoint restarts seem to remember alerts and stuff. But quitting to title screen does count as a 'retry' in the results page, you won't get that bonus unless you start the mission from the beginning. It's fine for shorter missions with less chances to mess up, but not so great in longer ones.

Watched the first walkthrough https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBIZfnaVc5M

yep 3hrs of it....Seen enough, to slow and too many cut scenes.
Think I'll leave it

Thank you Ninja Tetra you saved me £39

First 3 hours is not representative of the full game.

Also, a heads up to folks who haven't played the game yet, the Kojima productions logo is all over the place in game. I saw one on a poster in the hospital, another after some post mission credits.

And finally a few tips and tricks. Trouble getting past the skulls (in a certain early mission) unnoticed? Keep in mind that these guys have OP hax, they will slowly stumble in which ever direction you are, even if you aren't spotted, they seem to know where you are. The pairs usually stick together. So you just gotta lead them carefully to get an opening.

You can also send enemies on a wild goose chase with magazines, they'll just keep on following the noises. It's kinda funny. Right now I'm considering buying a PS4 controller, a bluetooth adapter for my PC and the strategy guide from Amazon. Would the strategy guide be useful to an OCD completionist like me, who refuses to move on until I've got at least an A rank in each mission?

Associate
This games brilliant, only on mission 12 but everyone beens great. Only thing that annoys me so far is going from mission to mission on horseback. It takes ages sometimes and i keep getting lost

Use your helicopter to get about as well if you want a quicker method of transport.

Associate
I've just arrived at MB, picked up one my guys and threw him off into the sea, mission failed :(

Always makes me laugh when I beat the living crap out of one of my guys and they dust themselves off and thank me for the experience. Really loving the attention to detail in this game, easily sits alongside GTAv and Witcher 3 in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom