BMW 125d M Sport

Soldato
I'm looking for my next company car and had been looking at the new Jaguar XE's but due to internal politics I may have to go down another route.

I've never been a huge fan of the 1 series but after going out in a 125d I'm quite taken by the performance and handling.

Can anyone with experience of these give me their feedback please. Including what options are a must.

Man of Honour
Pro Navigation, Automatic gearbox and Xenons are the essential options.

The Pro Nav makes the dash work properly and gives you a better featured more visually appealing infotainment system, the Xenons stop the front end looking crap and the auto gearbox removes the horribly frustrating powerband issues from the 2 litre engine and makes the whole thing drive really well.

Lots of other 'nice to have' options but those three would be my deal breakers.

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;28496142 said:
Pro Navigation, Automatic gearbox and Xenons are the essential options.

The Pro Nav makes the dash work properly and gives you a better featured more visually appealing infotainment system, the Xenons stop the front end looking crap and the auto gearbox removes the horribly frustrating powerband issues from the 2 litre engine and makes the whole thing drive really well.

Lots of other 'nice to have' options but those three would be my deal breakers.

They're the three options I've already looked at :)

One of the other 'bonus' options I'm looking at is the upgraded sound system. I do lots of long trips so having decent sound is important. Any ideas how good or bad the standard system is?

Associate
The HK system is rubbish compared to rivals I've got it coming on my 225d in a few weeks but only because it's part of the msport plus pack the one in my Audi is a lot better.

Black panel comes with pro nav which again is worth it.

The only options I took on mine were pro media pack and msport plus pack in estoril blue ill post pick when it gets delivered on the 15th sept would have it sooner but on holiday till the 14th.

And they only do the auto in the 125/225d no manual.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The HK system is rubbish compared to rivals I've got it coming on my 225d in a few weeks but only because it's part of the msport plus pack the one in my Audi is a lot better.

Black panel comes with pro nav which again is worth it.

The only options I took on mine were pro media pack and msport plus pack in estoril blue ill post pick when it gets delivered on the 15th sept would have it sooner but on holiday till the 14th.

Out of interest is your 225d business leased?

I prefer the 2 series over the 1 series but not sure it's in budget..

Associate
It's through work yeh was ordered in April so nearly 4 months from order to delivery. I test drove both and preferred the 2 series I've always had hatchbacks and rather have a coupe now.

Best thing you can do is go and test one I tested a 135i a 220d and. 225d and would have loved a 235i but it was too much from work so the 225d was my next choice.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It's through work yeh was ordered in April so nearly 4 months from order to delivery. I test drove both and preferred the 2 series I've always had hatchbacks and rather have a coupe now.

Best thing you can do is go and test one I tested a 135i a 220d and. 225d and would have loved a 235i but it was too much from work so the 225d was my next choice.

Did you go direct with BMW or through a leasing company? My budget it around £480 a month so the 2 series is pushing it a bit.

Soldato
Sport Auto is standard now on the 125d M-Sport.
In my opionon its only worth spending £2k on Pro Nav if you actually need road direction navigation, otherwise if you know where your going then it's not essential.

Associate
if it's any help I got an M135i on lease. It was a 'special' deal allegedly (cancelled build slot). Basic spec. Anyway, I wish I'd speccd the upgraded Hifi system. I thought a decent quality car would have a reasonable system in already, but no

Associate
Mine has come now came to my house on a truck on Tuesday just gone ill take some pics Monday as my gf has take it to work on friday on a 80 mile round trip so its already a bit dirty which im not happy about but ill clean it tomorrow and will post again monday or it will be in the bmw forum if interested

But for anyone interested im loving my 225d yeh its a D i would have a 228i but this is for work so regardless the look of the thing is nothing short of stunning.

estoril blue is so much better is person than anything on the books.

nam

nam

Soldato
if it's any help I got an M135i on lease. It was a 'special' deal allegedly (cancelled build slot). Basic spec. Anyway, I wish I'd speccd the upgraded Hifi system. I thought a decent quality car would have a reasonable system in already, but no

was that the new shape 2015 m135i ?

Back
Top Bottom