*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
Tried this, did nothing, it has something to do with the connection, I get 1 bar of 4G and it causes issues with voice quality on receiving end, even if I try Wi-Fi calling it's still the same, however when I switch to 3G which the phone is suppose to do, it sounds a hell of a lot better. But the phone doesn't it tries to stick with 4G (I can't keep going into settings and switching to 3G) and causes call quality issues, never had this problem with Three/iPhone. Really do like this phone, anyone got any solutions?

4G(VoLTE)/Wifi Calling introduces calling over IP packets, its still beta and being worked on and generally the quality aint great so I wouldnt expect high quality from it. Networks are allowing calling over Wifi as even though the call quality is bad, users wont complain as its still better than having no signal at all.

Calling over 4G networks (as far as im aware) is not operational on any of the networks, instead what happens is that when someone calls your phone, a signal is sent over 4G to your device, your device will then drops down to either 2G or 3G to take the call.

If your complaining about wifi calling well thats just the way it is till they perfect the software, VoLTE (4G) on three is coming later this year, dont think its operational yet

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/news/mobile-voice-calls-over-4g-launch-volte.html

Associate
4G(VoLTE)/Wifi Calling introduces calling over IP packets, its still beta and being worked on and generally the quality aint great so I wouldnt expect high quality from it. Networks are allowing calling over Wifi as even though the call quality is bad, users wont complain as its still better than having no signal at all.

Calling over 4G networks (as far as im aware) is not operational on any of the networks, instead what happens is that when someone calls your phone, a signal is sent over 4G to your device, your device will then drops down to either 2G or 3G to take the call.

If your complaining about wifi calling well thats just the way it is till they perfect the software, VoLTE (4G) on three is coming later this year, dont think its operational yet

http://www.choose.net/media/guide/news/mobile-voice-calls-over-4g-launch-volte.html

The country's smallest mobile network operator, 3 , is aiming for a September launch of VoLTE and will also deploy the service in the 800MHz spectrum band

Associate

If this is true why is it when I switch to 2G/3G calling works fine but when I'm on 2G/3G/4G it doesn't.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes mate, I do. Battery stats isn't exactly a new concept. Cpu spy doesn't flag up any issues either.

Thanks for the sanctimonious fanboyism though, really added something.

Just trying to help kitch, since I know a lot of users are still having issues with battery life.

Associate
If this is true why is it when I switch to 2G/3G calling works fine but when I'm on 2G/3G/4G it doesn't.

Very true. Assume that they've just switched to calling over 4g then which is causing your issues. So issue is with network not s6? As it's so new you mightnt have seen the issue on your last phone? Hopefully will improve in future.

I don't have this option as VoLTE is not enable on ee however seen this on forums to disable 4g calling

Open the phone app like you're going to make a call, click on more, then settings, call settings section, Voice over LTE Settings, Do Not Use VoLTE, then hit ok

Associate
Any recommendations for the best leather flip case to get for the S6 edge? Seems like a hard job to find rated ones that are not trying to be a wallet.

Soldato
I only use samsung sview cases, some don't like them but I've never had problems or scratches as a result of using the case and I love the functionality.

Soldato
Mine seems to be quite decent. Just average app usage I guess?

I have days when its ok, and others where the battery mysteriously dies really quickly and nothing indicates why in any of the monitors.

This thing struggles in medium to low signal areas badly.

Associate
I have days when its ok, and others where the battery mysteriously dies really quickly and nothing indicates why in any of the monitors.

This thing struggles in medium to low signal areas badly.

Android in general does, I've had this with samsung, HTC, sony and LG.... seems Apple do a much better job here

Soldato
Android in general does, I've had this with samsung, HTC, sony and LG.... seems Apple do a much better job here

I was spoiled with the Z3 that thing was leagues ahead of this phone with regards battery life, shame the camera was poor or I'd still have it. I'd always go to bed after a full day with around 40% I can't seem to get past 6pm at the mo with the S6.

Associate
Finally got my S6 Edge back from repair!!!
They replaced the main board and upon firing it up I got a prompt for an update.
223.80mb
Version G925FXXU2COH2

Associate
Ignore my post on the 28th of August complaining about the battery life. After a week with the phone it is a definate improvement in battery life. Maybe it needed a few recharge cycles.

A week in and I can say it's an EXCELLENT phone!

For people who are asking about cases I have opted for the Spigen ultra hybrid see through case. Only £7 from the rainforest. Highly recommended.

Associate
Very true. Assume that they've just switched to calling over 4g then which is causing your issues. So issue is with network not s6? As it's so new you mightnt have seen the issue on your last phone? Hopefully will improve in future.

I don't have this option as VoLTE is not enable on ee however seen this on forums to disable 4g calling

Open the phone app like you're going to make a call, click on more, then settings, call settings section, Voice over LTE Settings, Do Not Use VoLTE, then hit ok

Decided to return the phone and purchase it on a later date on PayG as Three has been nothing but great to me and I've already got Sim Only Plan.

No doubt Three will be the network to beat next year with the merger happening.

Back
Top Bottom