What's your (most tenuous) claim to fame?

Soldato
Met Sylvester McCoy (Doctor Who) in a curry house in Newcastle after a night of drinking. He was with the guy who used to play Nigel in Eastenders and a couple of others. There was basically his table and ours.

Thoroughly nice chap...mental, but brilliant.

Man of Honour
I bumped into Fergie from Black Eyed Peas and her boyfriend Josh Duhamel when I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Josh actually asked me for directions to one of the clubs in my hotel, which I pointed him towards. Wasn't 100% sure it was them until I saw it on a website the next day, they were out celebrating his sister birthday.

I was also very distantly related to Cilla Black, 4th cousin or something like that. My family never liked her though, and my Mum actually knocked her out once back in the 60s for trying to steal her coat.

Man of Honour
I stood next to the actress who payed Raquel in Coronation Street waiting for coffee the other month. I have to say she looked really good, very classy attire.

Soldato
I went to school with Zammo in the mid-80's and bumped into the DJ decks at Kilburn Ballroom in 90/91' during a deconstruction records event, while slipping on sweat. Mike Pickering was unamused.
Blagged a drink off Steve Backley in some dive in Bexleyheath some 15 odd years ago.

And a true claim to fame. Sat opposite Rik Mayall on a pretty empty Southeastern trains on the Greenwich line. We exchanged nervous glances but said nothing.

Hohum 2!

Last edited:
Soldato
I was in some far too expensive clothes shop in London and Prince Harry ran past me (on his own). At first I thought someone was trying to steal some shirts.

Caporegime
I bumped into Fergie from Black Eyed Peas and her boyfriend Josh Duhamel when I was in Las Vegas a couple of weeks ago. Josh actually asked me for directions to one of the clubs in my hotel, which I pointed him towards. Wasn't 100% sure it was them until I saw it on a website the next day, they were out celebrating his sister birthday.

I was also very distantly related to Cilla Black, 4th cousin or something like that. My family never liked her though, and my Mum actually knocked her out once back in the 60s for trying to steal her coat.

I thought Fergie was a Lesbian? :confused:

Soldato
I can be seen twice in the current HD Coronation Street opening titles. I'm far away, out of focus, and only on for a short time but I'm there!

(I was supervising the VFX for the shoot at the new studios, I ended up being an exta once my bit was finsihed)

BFvXgkp.png
Blue jeans, black coat, just on the edge of the post box.
My whole family are fans of the show and see me all the time :p

Bill Turnbull from BBC breakfast walks into our office on a regular basis mutters something about 'they should put signs up' then walks out

I was in a lift with Jonny Vegas

I saw Vic Reeves buying cheese.

Associate
Played in the district football team through my school years with Danny Batth, now wolves captain.

Robert Plant (led zeppelin front man) was born and raised not far from where I live.

Last edited:
Soldato
A schoolmate of mine was featured on Crimewatch for attempted armed robbery.

Met Brian London, the British boxer who fought Ali, loads of times; he had a nightclub in Blackpool called the 007 where I used to drink.

Caporegime
I used to work for a haulage company where one of our drivers carried out a famous armed robbery at a post office during his lunch break.

Plain clothes police came to our offices and waited for him and we had to point him out as he walked across the yard and the swooped on him

My boss gave him his job back after he got out of jail. After that his nickname was "bam bam" :)

It was so famous and involved one of britains most wanted men that there was even a tv one off re enactment special on the bbc a few years later.

Associate
My grandad's cousin played for Manchester united and died in the Munich plane cras .

My mum used to party with Noel Edmund's back in his radio Caroline days.

Soldato
  1. I've seen Gary Speed naked
  2. I watched a drunk Derek Acorah insult an entire restaurant table by saying one of them is going to die
  3. I served a pre-fame James Cordon in Game
  4. I waited on Dwight Yorke's table the night Jordon was giving birth to his baby

It's fine to be jealous.

Soldato
i supplied the chemistry glassware kit for the girls bedroom in 'my parents are aliens' - cash in hand ;)

Just triggered my memory; I actually went to an after school drama thing once in Hampton, and the young girl was there. I wasn't quite sure who she was because they had obviously filmed it in advance and she had grown up a bit, but the chap running the thing said a couple of things like "oh I saw you on TV the other night." Can't say I was particularly star struck.

Richard Branson patted me on the head as a child. I think he was implanting genius or something.

Implanting or imparting....I'm guessing the latter, and that the pat wasn't hugely successful.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom