*** Sony Xperia Z5 ***

Mobster
Soldato
I'm thinking the Z3 is the best because it actually has reasonably large grilles cut in the front of the phone so the glass will vibrate more than the Z3+, Z5, Z5c, which have grilles at the very top and bottom so it will be the metal vibrating more than the glass and so the sound will be different (worse).

Soldato
Where are people pre ordering the z5 premium from. Anybody have any recommendations for UK online retailers? I've never pre ordered a device before hence the question.

Soldato
Tempted with the z5c! Got z3c and love the size of this thing! Thought I'd miss my 5"+ screen but meh, not even once did I think "yeah it'd be cool to have a bigger screen" and dat battery life.. Oh my!

Man of Honour
Some more hands on, this time showing manual camera controls. New camera app coming in November and many are expecting RAW support then too. But for now the new controls are available from 3rd party apps like Manual camera, Camera FV etc.

Man of Honour
The USB port is sealed so shouldn't be that. More likely the number of repairs they got for excess water damage from people using it for longer underwater than recommended etc.

It's IP68, so has to be waterproof and dustproof.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Anyone read this yet?

http://www.xperiablog.net/2015/09/1...water/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Apparently Sony seemed to of changed their stance on the waterproofing of their phones, although at the moment we are not sure whether this just refers to the Z3+/Z5 range due to the uncapped charging port.

"You should not put the device completely underwater or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty"

Haha. Pathetic. Not waterproof at all then.

Soldato
"You should not put the device completely underwater or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty"

Haha. Pathetic. Not waterproof at all then.

There's a difference between water proof and liguid proof surely?

Water is relatively benign?

Seawater is full of salt whcih is incredibly corrosive. Not to mention drinks like coke etc and the chemicals they contain.

As long as it can withstand some rain etc I'm happy. Want to take snaps in a swimming pool? Buy a proper water proof case

Edit: though I agree their marketing is misleading

The problem is how they've been advertising their phones showing people diving into a pool and snapping picks under water etc, obviously there will be many people out there that believe this is what waterproof means, and to be fair given the advertisements they wouldn't really be entirely wrong in believing that.

But as I said earlier I think this may only refer to the Z3+/Z5 as on the Z3 page they've not changed the information, people on the xperia forums believe it's to do with the USB port not being capped, although water proof it still leaves the connection open to corrosion and it may not be able to handle as much pressure under water, but this is just guess work at the moment.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
For sure, running it under the tap, using it in the shower and suchlike is exactly what it should be for. But the problem is Sony have previously shown off their phones being used under water, which is the beef people have, which is fair!

It won't change how i use the phone though, but some will no doubt.

Edit*
Damn beaten^

Soldato
For sure, running it under the tap, using it in the shower and suchlike is exactly what it should be for. But the problem is Sony have previously shown off their phones being used under water, which is the beef people have, which is fair!

It won't change how i use the phone though, but some will no doubt.

Edit*
Damn beaten^

I do agree.

Back
Top Bottom