Gears Of War remastered coming to Xbox One

Soldato
I think i'll get this for the SP co op. One of my favs back in the day :)

Really not fussed about the new one though. The sequels just didn't really match the original in my opinion.

Soldato
I just bout an xbox one so i could play this again. I have many fond memories of playing this game all those years ago. If anyone fancies playing coop or some online games tonight add my gamertag - DanMc07

Associate
Played this start to finish on release day and must say it still holds up and is a great game. Never came across any bugs and the entire campaign run flawlessly .

Now for some multiplayer

Soldato
OP
I find the lancer well under powered.

Shotguns are hit and miss, yet despite it looking like I would have hit them I seem to get blown away most of the time by pr0s.

Exactly my problems with the weapons. Lancer takes an entire clip to down people. Shotgun misses point blank, same with the Boomer.

Soldato
Exactly my problems with the weapons. Lancer takes an entire clip to down people. Shotgun misses point blank, same with the Boomer.

I've found the boomer OK to use (only picked it up twice) but when getting shot with it, it's very delayed. You see the explosion and think you'll be ok, then you just collapse into a heap of gore.

Weird netcode for this 'remaster'

Caporegime

They fixed that so well in judgement. If someone ran at you from distance with the shot gun you could stop them, walking backwards and good aiming you could kill two shotgunners. As it should be imho, the wall bouncing **** tards moaned and moaned on the forums and it was nerfed back in favour of then shotgunners. They argue they are the core, which they are but you are never going to bring in new players to the game when a shotgun can run at you and nail a rifle. It should be a weapon you switch to for close up battles when you run into each other. Instead you find yourself getting downed from a mile away from repeated shot gun blasts.

It shouldn't take two lancer users to supress one gnasher runner.

Where does the shotgun aim this time, center screen or an inch or so diagonally right from the gun tip like in G3?

Soldato
OP
They fixed that so well in judgement. If someone ran at you from distance with the shot gun you could stop them, walking backwards and good aiming you could kill two shotgunners. As it should be imho, the wall bouncing **** tards moaned and moaned on the forums and it was nerfed back in favour of then shotgunners. They argue they are the core, which they are but you are never going to bring in new players to the game when a shotgun can run at you and nail a rifle. It should be a weapon you switch to for close up battles when you run into each other. Instead you find yourself getting downed from a mile away from repeated shot gun blasts.

It shouldn't take two lancer users to supress one gnasher runner.

Where does the shotgun aim this time, center screen or an inch or so diagonally right from the gun tip like in G3?

I've moaned on here about them not implementing changed from other games in the series into this game. They say it's because they don't want to change it from how it was yet they've added loads of other changes like the game modes(they've added god awful TDM!) and playlists. Being an "ultimate edition" it should be the best it can be.

They say the shotgun is centre screen at distance but then it switches to the end of the barrel at close range. Except it doesn't work right at all. You can shove the barrel into somebody's back and not get a kill.

Man of Honour
Just bought an Xbox One and it came with this.

I was under the impression that all the games where on the disk. Not so, I have since found out. Apparently I have to play the game, which I have, before the end of the year and then four original Xbox 360 games become available. Well so far there nothing has shown up for me to download or play. Am I being thick? Or do I have to jump through some more hoops first?

Soldato
Just bought an Xbox One and it came with this.

I was under the impression that all the games where on the disk. Not so, I have since found out. Apparently I have to play the game, which I have, before the end of the year and then four original Xbox 360 games become available. Well so far there nothing has shown up for me to download or play. Am I being thick? Or do I have to jump through some more hoops first?

Me neither. By all accounts you will one day get the codes sent to you

Just read codes start being issued Dec 1st

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom