Vodafone Smart Ultra 6

Associate
my feels a bit flimsy, but don't care, better than having the components touchin the case like on the bleedin xperia m4 i had for a week. oh, the heat.

Associate
Well being as it's not being touted as a phone that's dust or water proof, why the hell would someone dip it? If you need something that is resistant to such things then buy a phone that's specifically designed to be so.
i think people dip it because they are desparate to get youtube hits, i'm more interested in our great british summertime. original moto g made no claims of water resistance, but could handle a raindrop or two.

Soldato
I picked one of these up today as well. Apart from making a mess of cutting my micro sim down and then getting it stuck in the sim slot, and scratching the phone taking it out :rolleyes: it seems pretty dam good for the money. That said, coming from a Nokia Lumia 520, its quite a leap for not much money either!

Still playing around with it, and minus a sim card, but got my unlock code from ebay for when my sim arrives and also got all my apps installed that I want. So far, i'm impressed with it!

/edit - if anyone has a spare unactivated giffgaff sim around the Stafford area, please let me know, I could do with it asap! thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Associate
I don't use chrome it's crap.Opera is my preference.

One problem I keep getting is having to retrain the voice search every couple of days.It just stops responding.Anyone else ?

Soldato
Looking at giving one of these a go. My Lumia 930 isn't behaving itself (I kinda abuse it) so £125 for what looks like a decent phone is looking like a good deal. I'm on Vodafone anyway.

I just can't upgrade until July :'(

Soldato
Looking at giving one of these a go. My Lumia 930 isn't behaving itself (I kinda abuse it) so £125 for what looks like a decent phone is looking like a good deal. I'm on Vodafone anyway.

I just can't upgrade until July :'(

I'd buy it now, use your current sim card in it. If you like it, don't bother upgrading and go to sim only with whoever is cheapest. Unlock is £3.25 on eBay.

Soldato
I'd buy it now, use your current sim card in it. If you like it, don't bother upgrading and go to sim only with whoever is cheapest. Unlock is £3.25 on eBay.

I'm definitely getting it tomorrow, sticking with my Vodafone contract sim. I would get a Nexus 6 but with a baby on the way, it's not really an option. I can afford it, but I'd rather get baby things!

See how I get on with it, if it's running fine in July, I'll go sim-only.

Soldato
well ive managed to get a giffgaff nano sim, and all its saying is No Sim - Emergency calls only. The sim is in the right way round and the phone doesn't ask for an unlock code first or anything :( Very strange.

Anyone have any ideas?

Soldato
Nope, its not asking for an unlock code at all, its not acknowledging the presence of a sim at all. If its still not working by morning, I'll get a Vodafone sim and see if that will work. Not sure if its the phone or sim at fault :(

Back
Top Bottom