Battle of Britain: 75th anniversary of 'Hardest Day'

Man of Honour
Nope. Though the City isn't on any of those route you posted. Chelmsford is on 3 routes. I've noticed quite a few WWII planes fying over recently, most likely on practise runs from Duxford.

Great respect to those that fought and gave their lives for freedom.

TFC

TFC

Associate
Fly past today

Over my garden, seems there was an interloper, a P51 snuck in there.

spit1.jpg

Associate
I see three spitfires fly over today . Everyone ran out into the street to have a look .Awesome site and probably the last time they will be seen together . Also had to educate my 18 year old daughter that had no clue on what a spitfire was .

Soldato
I see three spitfires fly over today . Everyone ran out into the street to have a look .Awesome site and probably the last time they will be seen together . Also had to educate my 18 year old daughter that had no clue on what a spitfire was .

Education, education, education

Look where it has got us :p

Soldato

Time to put battle of Britain on :D

Soldato
didnt see any pink section over poole coast :(

looks like they may have flown almost directly over my house in southampton though.. typical..

Soldato
heard but not seen !

they must have cut the corner very near my building (they flew right over boscombe down a few seconds later)

lots of dissapointed people in Salisbury apparently

BBC Wiltshire ‏@BBCWiltshire 1h1 hour ago
#BattleofBritain flypast changed course away from #Salisbury due to "a combination of air traffic control, late departure and weather.Sorry"

Last edited:
Associate

Awesome stuff and true heroes. This country was defended by brave young men who believed in their country and fought tooth and nail for it. Thank goodness they didn't run away to "safe" countries like the young men we see in the news everyday.

Amazing heroes, including the brave men and women on the ground. I salute each and every one of them.

Soldato
Went out today at lunchtime to sit under the flightpath of two of the flights, in the pouring rain. Watched hopelessly as they diverted from the planned route due to weather. Very disappointing :(

Associate
Sadly nothing was planned over these parts. Was tempted to venture over to Duxford but the pants weather & possibility of it being scrubbed put me off. Must have been quite a spectacle. The gathering they had at RIAT this year was ace & that was nowhere near this scale.

Back
Top Bottom