Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
Got annoyed with mission 31 or was it 30

Came in well equipped for destroying the big gear, but lo and behold my AI brings in my chopper when I don't need it to attack so not on!y did it get destroyed but I lost loads of gmp and heroism.

Soldato
So wait, they used Jack Bauer for Snake's voice and yet...

Brought back Otacon to voice Emmerich in this? I'm just baffled. Still, nice to hear a familiar voice for once!

Caporegime
So wait, they used Jack Bauer for Snake's voice and yet...

Brought back Otacon to voice Emmerich in this? I'm just baffled. Still, nice to hear a familiar voice for once!

Well Huey is Hal's father, yes Big Boss is Solid Snake's father but he isn't a perfect clone/also gone through a good bit of trauma. Also arguably Huey/Hal's VA is better than Hayter was despite him being iconic.

Thought Kiefer did a good job on what was available, Hayter would've butchered some lines as much as I would have preferred him I think it was a good choice and would've definitely been had we been delivered a finished game

maj

maj

Soldato
Can you replay completed missions? I ask because I've just finished one but only achieved 2/6 objectives. If I start it again will I have to do all 6 tasks again?

Soldato
This game feels like it just goes on and on and on. It's very good but the lack of compelling narrative other than at key points here and there make the whole thing drag a bit.

Soldato
It does drag on I almost gave up... but i'm huge fan of MGS so i stuck with it listening to the tapes helps with the narrative. It feels like the game was rushed or the developers ran out of time, once you complete the game look at this video its shame really it could have have been a real epic MGS.

Last edited:
Soldato
It does drag on I almost gave up... but i'm huge fan of MGS so i stuck with it listening to the tapes helps with the narrative. It feels like the game was rushed or the developers ran out of time, once you complete the game look at this video its shame really it could have have been a real epic MGS.

awesome! that's good enough closure for me. much happier with that.

Back
Top Bottom