**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
It would have to be 64GB for me so I presume that getting a 32GB wasn't out of choice? How is TouchWiz and lag?

I think that was all I had. I'm not sure I even asked, I was too excited to find somewhere that would sell me one SIM free.

As I say though, 32GB is fine for me. I don't listen to more than around 100 music tracks at a time, I don't play games on my phone and I don't watch TV/Movies either.

Not noticed any lag at all yet. Not I've applied the Lollipop theme, I'm even likely to stay on the Touchwiz launcher. Don't really notice it.

Associate
Anyone found a reliable place to get one of these? I can see a few on The Bay for less than 500 but it looks to good to be true. Where can I get one?

Associate
Think i'll wait till maybe one day an official UK version comes out. Just upgraded my sim to 10GB Double Speed 4g with EE. Concerned I might not get the most out of it with this phone because of missing Band 20.

Man of Honour
I think it will be more like £700-800+

The Edge+ starts at £749

Can anyone confirm if this version features the full LTE spectrum?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01...axy+note+5&dpPl=1&dpID=511HFyK6IfL&ref=plSrch

That is the N920i and as I suspected it does not:

So I thought I'd come in and put my experience with the 920i here. I'm a tech journo who picked one up and I can confirm that although it is listed as an option in the hidden service menu, LTE Band 20 (aka 800MHz) does not work.

Having tested with EE, Vodafone and O2, I can say that EE picks up 4G on Band 3 (aka 1800MHz) but Vodafone doesn't pick up 4G at all as its Band 7 (2600MHz) coverage is spotty and it doesn't pick up Band 20. If you're looking to use an N920i on Vodafone or O2, LTE will be very limited on the former and it won't work at all on the latter.

If you want LTE on EE or Three, it'll work on Band 3 or Band 7 and while EE is pretty good for both of these (I don't think it's started rolling out Band 20 widely), Three LTE will be limited to just Band 3 and it doesn't have a lot of this spectrum.

The 2 cents version:

EE : Good coverage, very good speeds
Vodafone: very very very limited LTE
Three: very limited LTE
O2: No LTE at all.

Hope this helps clear this up - I've tested this with multiple Sims etc for over an hour to come to the findings above and my knowledge level is sufficient enough to understand the inner workings of a network and the frequency bands (having worked as a technical advisor for three networks).

This was sent from my Note 5 SM-N920i running EE LTE on Band 3 at 60Mbps down, 12Mbps up in West London btw. Yet to pick up 4G+ but this is something I'll test soon and report back.

From a long thread on XDA:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note5/help/n920i-lte-band-20-t3182455

Associate
First thing I did when I got to Canada a couple of weeks back... go looking for a Note 5. Second thing I did, got my brother to film the unboxing with my LG G4 in the hotel room and upload it before we checked out!

First thing I did when the plane touched back down at Heathrow on Saturday was check I got 4G... which I did! Phew!

Hey Andy, congrats on your new phone :) - Which model of the Note 5 is this? I can't seem to find the info on the Bell website, N920C? possibly?

I'm on O2 and band 20 800MHz is super important for any LTE, same can be said for Vodafone I guess.

Soldato
No, as I use the cloud. Normally it definitely isn't an issue, I don't put movies on my phone, I don't really play games.

On holiday, it was my main camera though and after about 6 days as I recorded video it was showing I only had 30 minutes and counting of space left.

As I had everything uploading to OneDrive (and Google Photo's) whenever I connected to WiFi I simply started deleting the old video's.

Man of Honour
Does this work fine on 4G? Which networks?

It supports:

LTE2100 (B1), LTE700 (B17), LTE850 (B5), LTE700 (B13), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7), LTE1900 (B2), LTE700 (B12), LTE2300 (B30)

So Band 3&7

Look at posts #461 #490

LTE coverage will be:

EE : Good coverage, very good speeds
Vodafone: very very very limited LTE
Three: very limited LTE
O2: No LTE at all.

Back
Top Bottom