Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
How does a phone know how much you've burnt?

You input some initial data about yourself like weight, height, age etc and the sensors do the rest as long as the phone is in a pocket. It knows when you're walking, cycling, running etc and you can also add manual items like workout times, distances and so on.

It uses all gathered data for the dail/weekly result, and it's pretty accurate at what it does. I use both Google Fit and My Fitness Pal. One tracks activities, the other tracks energy consumption. Plenty of others that do the same thing on different platforms.

Caporegime
~1500 calories burnt a day, not 3000, not quite sure where you got that from.

Screenshot_2015-09-18-00-59-41.jpg

That's your calorie count for just your walk to work? It's madly wrong. It would be so easy for everybody to loose weight if a simple 5 mile walk lost you 1500 calories.

Whatever app is saying that is totally off the scale.

It was you said you had to replace 3000 calories a day as you used 1500 calories just walking to work and back per day.

Caporegime
Got to agree with the above, your not burning 1500kcal a day. Unless you are doing heavy exercise, and loads of walking. 300kcal is a Lot, most gym rat guys will probably only be close to that on a bulk.

Permabanned
That's your calorie count for just your walk to work? It's madly wrong. It would be so easy for everybody to loose weight if a simple 5 mile walk lost you 1500 calories.

Whatever app is saying that is totally off the scale.

It was you said you had to replace 3000 calories a day as you used 1500 calories just walking to work and back per day.

yeah thats way off, I don't even burn anywhere close to 1500cals running 5 miles! its only 1700cals running a half marathon.

mrk said he was replacing 1500 calories and eating another 1500, he is gonna get fat, quick!

Soldato
It's a good thing mrk posted in this thread, you've all saved him from accidentally looking like Santa Clause just in time for Christmas! :D

And congrats on the twins! :) Double trouble! :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
yeah thats way off, I don't even burn anywhere close to 1500cals running 5 miles! its only 1700cals running a half marathon.

mrk said he was replacing 1500 calories and eating another 1500, he is gonna get fat, quick!

He did say "Then there's the walking around at work which spans the south coast and IOW" as well guys. I don't know what distance that entails but might explain the extra cals?

Caporegime
He did say "Then there's the walking around at work which spans the south coast and IOW" as well guys. I don't know what distance that entails but might explain the extra cals?

Yeah which is where the other 1500 calories come from which might be true if he walks around a lot and has an active job.

But if his starting point is that his 5 mile walk to work is using up 1500 calories then hes way off the mark.

I would expect a 5 mile walk to be 400 calories max (depending on your weight and walking speed of course)

Even if Mrk ran those 5 miles to work he would only burn up around 600 calories.

You would need to run 12 miles a day to burn up 1500 calories.

Man of Honour
Got to agree with the above, your not burning 1500kcal a day. Unless you are doing heavy exercise, and loads of walking. 300kcal is a Lot, most gym rat guys will probably only be close to that on a bulk.

It does depend. Remember you need basic calories just to stay alive and just maintain your weight. My basal metabolic rate excluding exercise, based on my body composition is around 2,300 cals. Add movement and exercise and to maintain my weight I need well over 3000 cals. Then there is the thermic effect of eating and thermic effect of activity to take into consideration. I eat around 3800-4000 cals a day at the moment. :)

That said, burning 1,500 cals for a 5 mile walk doesn't sound right at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom