Best 5 local co-op PC games?

Soldato
Nephew is visiting tmw and thought i would introduce him to PC gaming. He is used to stuff like Gears Of War and Call of Duty as he has a x360. So we have played that kinda stuff on the 360 but i thought here's my chance to convert him to the PC master race.

Which games do you recommend for co-op/2 player for the PC ? And are maybe available for download now? :D
We have 2 xbox 360 pads.

I thought maybe left for dead 2? does that do co-op from the same system?

Associate
Nephew is visiting tmw and thought i would introduce him to PC gaming. He is used to stuff like Gears Of War and Call of Duty as he has a x360. So we have played that kinda stuff on the 360 but i thought here's my chance to convert him to the PC master race.

Which games do you recommend for co-op/2 player for the PC ? And are maybe available for download now? :D
We have 2 xbox 360 pads.

I thought maybe left for dead 2? does that do co-op from the same system?

Forget it for Co-Op gaming on PC.

Very very little out there. Left 4 Dead 2, works, but only with hax, as does Borderlands 2. The only AAA title I have played Co-Operatively on PC was Portal 2.

Future titles look as though they will be increasingly given the same Co-Op features as console games, as I guess devs begin to realise that more and more PC gamers are hooking their system up to big TV in front room and playing on gamepad.

I am looking forward to Divinity Original Sin Enchanced Edition meself.

Soldato
I'd give him a tour de force of what the PC is capable of surfer, could do a graphics run

Crysis 3

Arma 3 for its scale and realism

Project cars for its awesomeness and things like trine

Maybe then switch it up and show him games that have big communities, dota 2, Lol, wow etc

Then finish of with a combo of modded games aka skyrim.

Soldato
OP
I'd give him a tour de force of what the PC is capable of surfer, could do a graphics run

Crysis 3

Arma 3 for its scale and realism

Project cars for its awesomeness and things like trine

Maybe then switch it up and show him games that have big communities, dota 2, Lol, wow etc

Then finish of with a combo of modded games aka skyrim.

I have Trine so i will have a shot of that. Broforce looks fun so might get that.

Have plenty of other games on the pc to wow him with hopefully.

Mad Max
GTAV
Dark Souls
Dishonored
Shadow of Mordor
Witcher 2

and then i'll bring out the big guns.. the Oculus Rift DK2 :)

Associate
I have Trine so i will have a shot of that. Broforce looks fun so might get that.

Cos 2D side scrolling platformer games are really 'showing off' PC gaming...

Face it, when it comes to Co-Op gameplay, PC gamers are scraping the bottom of the barrel. If you are into Co-Op gameplay, then don't game on PC.

Associate
Gauntlet
Forced
Serious Sam 3 BFE
Left 4 Dead 1/2 with some minor hacking
Borderlands 2/TPS (with some minor hacking again)
Trine 1/2
Portal 2 supports it natively
Get some Worms going?

Honestly where the PC shines is in things like RTS LAN co-op. DoW 2 supports this and is excellent played this way, as does Red Alert 3.
Portal 2 co op

Soldato
Trine 3 in 4k 3d. That does show off pc if you ask me, and it's a good laugh too. Rocket league as well I think does local coop and is hilarious fun.

Soldato
Borderlands 2 definitely does co-op. For something fairly fun/brainless that looks nice...

Rome total war 2 has a 2 player campaign mode, it needs a VERY healthy network between the 2 machines though and is a bit prone to drop outs or long syncs to recover from near dropouts.

Starcraft 2 (I think) has some 2 player campaign stuff, if not currently then the last part (legacy of the void) certainly does. (Called "Protos mode", 2 players, same base+forces which.... actually sounds kinda awesome imo).

GTA5 is a good call.
Plenty of MMO's that are.... effectively co-op if you like. You could load up one of free ones (like Tera) and play some new characters together. Same with path of exile (tho... not QUITE MMO).

Soldato
Borderlands 2 definitely does co-op. For something fairly fun/brainless that looks nice...

Rome total war 2 has a 2 player campaign mode, it needs a VERY healthy network between the 2 machines though and is a bit prone to drop outs or long syncs to recover from near dropouts.

Starcraft 2 (I think) has some 2 player campaign stuff, if not currently then the last part (legacy of the void) certainly does. (Called "Protos mode", 2 players, same base+forces which.... actually sounds kinda awesome imo).

GTA5 is a good call.
Plenty of MMO's that are.... effectively co-op if you like. You could load up one of free ones (like Tera) and play some new characters together. Same with path of exile (tho... not QUITE MMO).

These all rely on having 2 pcs though, from the OP it seems he only has 1

Back
Top Bottom