*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Soldato
Sorry but there's no way that's possible with normal usage on the S6 Edge...

Yup it wasnt normal at all for me to only use 60 odd minutes of my phone in 12 hours but the numbers were correct.

I've disabled about a hundred packages with package disabler and have non of the usual social features on at all.

Last edited:
Associate
I was struggling to get anything over 2 hours SoT. I've tried uninstalling pretty much all of my apps in the last week with no increase in SoT.

Yesterday I started experimenting with google sync settings and thats made quite a big difference

Go into Google Photos and go into settings, and disable Backup & Sync
Exit and go into android settings, accounts, google account and disable sync on the following

Google Fit
Google photos
Google photos backup
Google play music

Its given me nearly an extra hour SoT, be interested to see if it benefits anyone else

Phone does randomly reboots itself around once a day so may also have a hardware issue

Last edited:
Associate
Really sorry for this question but what is SoT ??

I have and edge and when I left my hotel this morning my phone was on 64% and that was 8 hrs ago and is now on 33% I have it connected to the wifi at work and is always connected via Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy smart watch.

Associate
Really sorry for this question but what is SoT ??

I have and edge and when I left my hotel this morning my phone was on 64% and that was 8 hrs ago and is now on 33% I have it connected to the wifi at work and is always connected via Bluetooth to my Samsung Galaxy smart watch.

"Screen on" time.

Soldato
Yup it wasnt normal at all for me to only use 60 odd minutes of my phone in 12 hours but the numbers were correct.

I've disabled about a hundred packages with package disabler and have non of the usual social features on at all.

Why didn't you by a Nokia 7310 then?

Soldato
I think I'll be buying an S6 tomorrow, my S4 has given up the ghost and won't recognise a sim card, now its just a question of S6, Edge or Edge+, I'll be having to buy SIM free (9 months left on contract) so either way the CC is going to have to take a hammering, might stick with the S6 for now, then upgrade my contract to an S7 when they come out (If worth it) and sell on the 6.

Where would be the cheapest place to grab an unlocked SIM Free S6?

Soldato
uncomfortable for long calls, mic easily blocked, awful to write emails on as edges get touched by accident making it flip out.

I'm sure it would be resolved with a good case, but I shouldn't have to, never had this issue with any other phone ever, so it's going back and i'll pick up a note 4 for 400 quid

Permabanned
uncomfortable for long calls, mic easily blocked, awful to write emails on as edges get touched by accident making it flip out.

I'm sure it would be resolved with a good case, but I shouldn't have to, never had this issue with any other phone ever, so it's going back and i'll pick up a note 4 for 400 quid

The standard Galaxy S6 is slippery and awkward to use, first thing I did was find a case just to give it some grip so I could hold it normally.

Edge just makes things even worse.

Last edited:
Soldato
The standard Galaxy S6 is slippery and awkward to use, first thing I did was find a case just to give it some grip so I could hold it normally.

Edge just makes things even worse.

This is all relative and dependent upon the size of your hands. I like the fact that its slippery, choosing a clear view cover to enable me to slide it in and out of my pocket quite easily.

Permabanned
This is all relative and dependent upon the size of your hands. I like the fact that its slippery, choosing a clear view cover to enable me to slide it in and out of my pocket quite easily.

Don't like them, they add bulk and look and feel cheap.

Personal preference though, we're all different.

Back
Top Bottom