PS4 or XBox One for ?

Man of Honour
The amount of trolling and fanboy-ism in this thread is highly disappointing. I thought we'd all gotten past that but I guess a few trolls still remain. Trolls who, if they carry on with their "my console is the best no matter what anyone says" attitude, will find themselves removed from this sub-forum.

Having a console preference is fine. Stating the reasons why you prefer a particular console is fine. Blatent fanboy-ism is not. This forum is better than that.

Man of Honour
To answer the original question of which is best, I'd always suggest getting the console that your friends (or the console owners friends) have. Console gaming is becoming such an online social experience these days it makes so much sense to get the same one your friends will have. Console power, exclusives, controllers are all fairly minor points when you realise you don't have any online friends to play with IMO.

Soldato
Am I gettingthe wrong end of the stick or is it the case that you CANNOT use standard rechargable AA batteries in an Xbox One wireless controller? :confused:

Just stuck some Rechargeables in my controller and it's working fine. I imagine they say not to use so they can sell you the Xbox One rechargeable battery pack.

Caporegime
To answer the original question of which is best, I'd always suggest getting the console that your friends (or the console owners friends) have. Console gaming is becoming such an online social experience these days it makes so much sense to get the same one your friends will have. Console power, exclusives, controllers are all fairly minor points when you realise you don't have any online friends to play with IMO.

This.

Most people with the cash would quite happily own both and pick and choose between them depending upon what friends they have and what exclusives they want to play.

Soldato
Interesting. I have both the XB1 and a PS4 and have lots of friends who own one or the other, but my PS4 hasn't been turned on for months after finishing Bloodborne. It's a great console though. I have no real complaints with it and it's as quiet as the XB1, but for me the TV integration on XB1 edges it.

Graphics and resolution don't really matter to me but being able to have the rugby or the football on TV snapped whilst playing Destiny is great and it's a feature I really miss when on PS4...I assume this feature is still not on PS4? I think if the feature was available like it is on XB1 I might use it more often. When the Uncharted series comes out I will probably have to (literally) dust off the PS4.

Soldato
This.

Most people with the cash would quite happily own both and pick and choose between them depending upon what friends they have and what exclusives they want to play.

I was recently on the fence looking at x1 due to forza 6. Money isn't an issue. But after I got a Wii u for Mario kart 8 and then the Wii u sat there doing nothing else after I got bored of Mario kart, decided no to an x1.

Ps4 is enough for me. If forza couldn't entice me to stump up for a x1 I think it's pretty safe to say despite money not being an issue I'll never be buying an x1 it seems. Just nothing other then forza in interested in from Microsoft or Xbox , but least this time I've been sensible and not got an x1 as it would just be wasted as I'd never use it once I've got bored of forza.

I'm happy enough with my PC and ps4. Has me prety much covered for gaming needs.

Associate
Interesting. I have both the XB1 and a PS4 and have lots of friends who own one or the other, but my PS4 hasn't been turned on for months after finishing Bloodborne. It's a great console though. I have no real complaints with it and it's as quiet as the XB1, but for me the TV integration on XB1 edges it.

Graphics and resolution don't really matter to me but being able to have the rugby or the football on TV snapped whilst playing Destiny is great and it's a feature I really miss when on PS4...I assume this feature is still not on PS4? I think if the feature was available like it is on XB1 I might use it more often. When the Uncharted series comes out I will probably have to (literally) dust off the PS4.

No this feature will not be available for the PS4 because it lacks a HDMI In, yes the tv integration is great, i like to browse the web with sport snapped, excellent feature that i can't do without.

Soldato
I never use the snap feature.

I like to either play a game or watch tv, anyway. If you are that bothered you could always watch TV on a tablet for instance?

That's what I do, I use a mobile phone next to me on the sofa, in fact the snap feature would I think annoy me more then anything but some love it , but I've got my own solution and works very well for me. And has done since ps3 lol

Back
Top Bottom