PS4 or XBox One for ?

Associate
I never use the snap feature.

I like to either play a game or watch tv, anyway. If you are that bothered you could always watch TV on a tablet for instance?

LOL, like thats going to be as convenient as having both on the same large screen, i may as well have a small TV next to my large screen. :D

Soldato
In the controller debate I have now used both and I have to say that my initial thoughts on the xb1 is that it's got much better triggers.

I prefer the location of the thumbsticks on the DS4 though.

I have had multiple issues with multiple DS4's (triggers, thumbstick wear and bluetooth connection issues).

If the XB1 controller had both thumbsticks in the middle like the DS4 it would be as perfect as you can get.

Does anyone know if the XB1 controller with the 3.5mm jack degrades the bluetooth connection? The DS4 has this issue.

I wish the sticks on on my DS4 were in the same position as the Xbox controller. The DS4 gives me hand cramps...... :D

Caporegime
Never say never I guess, even though I have said I might never own both this gen.

Exactly. Nobody can really justify the £300 expense to just play one game. Even if you've got the money - it represents a poor value for money proposition. If there were a few more 1st party exclusives you liked then it would be another matter :)

Caporegime
Exactly. Nobody can really justify the £300 expense to just play one game. Even if you've got the money - it represents a poor value for money proposition. If there were a few more 1st party exclusives you liked then it would be another matter :)

But nobody thinks like that, it might end up that way but you'll hope at least there will be more reasons to buy games for the console. Like people buy a new £500 graphic card to play the latest Crysis or something but they'll also use it for other games. It's just that initial incentive you need, that one game.

Or you can think like me, it's not £300 for a console for 1 game. It's £600 to play all the games on the market. Don't see the blue and green divide at all. It's just games.

That's how I choose to see it.

And it's not £300, it's more like £250 each.

Soldato

It's very true.

I've now got three justifications for x1 purchase + one future one.

EA access
Forza 6
Forza horizon 2

And any future forza games. And this would need to provide value for money, currently these three do not quite do it , but if the machine drops to £199.99 then who knows. So yes never say never.

Caporegime
Or £300 to play the majority of the games on the market and miss a few out, which then leads to the second console ultimately being less value for money than the primary one.

Only if you think of them as 2 consoles.

Like I said, I think of them as 1 thing. £500 gets me to play everything out there. I don't sit down and think I have 9 PS4 games and only 1 XB1 game.

I just know I have 10 games.

Is it ignorance? Sure, but if you can afford to be, why worry about it.

Ps I don't have that ratio.

Back
Top Bottom