Stoptober

V F

V F

Soldato
I thought it was sobertober? It seems every month there is some stupid ice bucket equivalent on.

Caporegime
I stopped smoking as a new years resolution. It's now been 10 months and I am determined to never smoke again. I feel better, I can breathe better, much more energy, and my heart rhythms, which were troublesome have calmed right down and actually resolve themselves now as opposed to needing medical intervention.

Also my money is lasting far longer without having to stump up £50 a week. So glad I quit, I would strongly advise any smoker to. You will be so happy you did in the long run.

I thought it was sobertober? It seems every month there is some stupid ice bucket equivalent on.

Yeah, there seems to be something like this every month. Certainly a November one, then Dryathlon in January etc.

For me, I always take the first half of October off. Broke up today and not back in work now until the 19th :D :D :D So anyone who suggests Stoptober / Sobertober to me can SOD RIGHT OFF!

Soldato
So, who's attempting it?

I've been smoking for around 15 years now, it's time to stop! :(

Last fag was 22:10 last night. I am vaping though, not sure I could go cold turkey.

Get Champix from your doctor, keep smoking each day as normal but take the tablets each day too. After 10 days you'll never smoke again. Can't promote Champix enough. Wonder drug. No withdrawal symptoms either.

Soldato
Its those that decide not to drink for a month and make a massive deal out of it.

If you can't go a month without drinking you really need to re-evaluate your lives.

Soldato
And don't forget about Decembeard

To OP - good luck, I quit smokes in July and went to vaping.
The only advice I'd offer is to invest in a good vaping set up. The £5 Tesco disposables and £15 pen style vapers are nowhere near as good as decent kit.
For me that made the difference between failing on vaping, and successfully quitting tobacco.

Back
Top Bottom