Never buying from ebay again

Soldato
The worse ones are those that put processor speed as something like 8ghz to try to trick the gullible into thinking they are getting something extremely fast when in fact all they are getting is a quadacore at 2ghz. Ebay needs to stamp down on things like these

G J

G J

Associate
The worse ones are those that put processor speed as something like 8ghz to try to trick the gullible into thinking they are getting something extremely fast when in fact all they are getting is a quadacore at 2ghz. Ebay needs to stamp down on things like these

Yeah or that company that advertised its card as having 4GB when it was 3.5GB+0.5 :p :D

Soldato
It's standard practice for retailers to try and resolve problems on ebay this way. Ebay encourage merchants to.

As for stock images, so what, they've sold 24 of them, they can't shoot and list each one individually. We sell refurbished items this way and never have a problem, if there's an issue we resolve it.

(I'm not he seller by the way, just sticking my oar in).

Soldato
Yeah or that company that advertised its card as having 4GB when it was 3.5GB+0.5 :p :D

To be honest, cases like that are difficult. The manufacturer would not allow retailers to advertise their products as such unless their hand was forced to. Obviously it would hurt sales a lot and a manufacturer could take action against a retailer if they think that the retailers advertisement contributed significantly to a loss in sales or reputation. Sure a 970 is 3.5+0.5gb card but it is not incorrect to describe it as a 4gb card.

Caporegime
OP moans because they sold incorrect item

OP moans because seller is saying they advertised incorrectly and are offering a refund+money for inconvenience

OP still moans

Can't win these days.

Associate
As a long time ebay seller myself I would have apologised and offered the £50 but would NOT have asked for no negative feedback.

Can I ask you OP - what would you have thought and/or done then?

If a seller has lots of positive feedback I don't believe one negative does much harm. A seller can always leave a reply to a negative. I believe a polite and considered seller reply and turn a negative into a positive.

Back
Top Bottom