New Need for Speed?

Soldato
I think so, yes!

There are lots of 'real life' acting videos for the story mode and they've very cleverly made your car AND IT'S MODS CGI'd into the videos. It's seamless and you can't even tell it's not real video.

It's really well done, they've done something to the live action stuff so it kind of makes it look a bit CGI, was doing my nut in at first trying to decide if it was CGI or live action, then it clicked that it was a combo. I've only managed about 40 mins playing and it was night and raining the whole time, does that change in the beta at all?

Soldato
I think it's ok so far, The live action bits are a bit annoying as tbh half the time I have no idea what they are on about. My only complaint is it feels a bit empty...

Soldato
Well not overly sure, it looks nice. But as said emtpy roads, and the handling is a bit stiff, and the rubber banding.

And the cut scenes are IMO a bit cringe worthy...

I did have some fun with it mind.

Associate
I have been able to play a little more, but am still finding disconnection issues when I do races or events.

Graphically I think it looks lovely for an 'arcade' type racer. Hope that they have more varieties of weather for the final version. Too little traffic on the roads at the moment, but then again it all seems to be at night. A couple of times I have had taxis spawn straight in front of me.

But for me the biggest issue is the rubber banding, it is really bad. I am guessing it will be like that in the final game, and that will put me off buying it.

Soldato
Played some more tonight, it does offer up some great car customization, and I do love the graphics, and you can get some good races going, but I do suck - as I do with any racing game to be honest at the drifting - and is the drifting and rubberbanding that is actually stopping me from maybe taking a punt on this day of release...

As overall, its a well presented game and even though at the start the car handles like a tank, it does grow on you...

Caporegime
Be good to know who in the beta thought about getting NfS before it and after it and if they've changed their mind or delaying/accelerating their purchase

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom