Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
Is this a different thing from push?
I mean if i turn this off for say whatsapp, am I likely not to be told of messages being delivered or does oush or whatevere it was called, still work and let you know messages are arriving?

Yes, it's different. Background refresh actually launches and runs the app in the background, allowing it to "catchup". For example, if Gmail app got a push notification, it would run the GMail app, get the up-to-date inbox ready for when you actually open it etc.

Just a battery drain if you don't mind waiting 5 seconds when you open the app manually for it to refresh.

Associate
my 6s, I use it quite heavily during the day, I have bluetooth/wi-fi etc all enabled use it in the car for streaming and talk quite a lot on it and use quite a number of apps during the day including skype/what'sapp/bbc/facebook/twitter and various others.

I currently have 50% exactly left and took it off charge at 6:30am this morning, the difference between the 6 and the 6s is incredible, it was definitely worth the switch.

Soldato
my 6s, I use it quite heavily during the day, I have bluetooth/wi-fi etc all enabled use it in the car for streaming and talk quite a lot on it and use quite a number of apps during the day including skype/what'sapp/bbc/facebook/twitter and various others.

I currently have 50% exactly left and took it off charge at 6:30am this morning, the difference between the 6 and the 6s is incredible, it was definitely worth the switch.

How long have you had the 6s for? It's not even available yet?

Soldato
My battery has been performing terribly this past week, 3 hours usage and I'm down to 9%, been the same for the past 4 days.

Have you tried looking at your battery usage (Settings -> General -> Usage -> Battery Usage)? Some apps completely abuse background refresh. I was having battery issues and took a look. RunKeeper was using up an insane amount of power, so I deleted it. Problem solved. :)

EDIT: Ignore me. Just seen the last two pages of people suggesting the same. :o

Soldato
My 64GB 6 battery is really annoying me. I have pretty much everything disabled in Background App refresh and always kill Facebook and other apps after use, yet it will either be dead or <10% by the evening after a 8 hour overnight charge. I probably stream 2-3 hours of Spotify a day, but I would call this only moderate use....am I being unrealistic?

I have Applecare for it so think I will be giving them a call soon.

Soldato
Don't know if it's just me but I can't clear Mail from the notification centre? Clicking the X and clear does nothing, have to restart the phone to clear.

Soldato
Since upgrading to iOS 9 has anybody else been unable to back their phone up to iCloud? I've got around 4GB free out of the standard 5GB on my account and each time it attempts to back up i get a message saying there is not enough space.

Soldato
Since upgrading to iOS 9 has anybody else been unable to back their phone up to iCloud? I've got around 4GB free out of the standard 5GB on my account and each time it attempts to back up i get a message saying there is not enough space.

could try:

delete back up. sign out of icloud. power down and back up phone, sign back into icloud and do a back up again. Has in the past worked for me.

Soldato
could try:

delete back up. sign out of icloud. power down and back up phone, sign back into icloud and do a back up again. Has in the past worked for me.

Thanks. I think i've figured what was stopping me from the backing up. Since upgrading to iOS 9 it had selected to back up every single app i had installed which included AV Player that has multiple TV episodes in it's library. It was backing up each of these episodes which added a couple of gigabytes to the backup size!

Back
Top Bottom