PS4 or XBox One for ?

Edz

Edz

Soldato
I am sure I read somewhere that the new uncharted bundles are the new CH-1200revision, that's both the 500GB & 1TB.

Caporegime
PS4. Better exclusives, good free games with PSN, cross platform games tend to run in 1080p, whereas on the xbox one it's 720p. Those are reason enough, but there's more...

I would get Pro Evolution 2016 rather than Fifa 16, it is the best football game for years.

PES 2016 Review

lol :p

As always with these threads, priority should be:

1. Console your friends own
2. The exclusives which you prefer

I use my PS4 mainly for exclusives, and the One for multi platform as I do prefer the pad and my friends all game on the One. However the PS4 pad is considerably better than previous iterations, to the point of imo it shouldn't really be in the equation.

So far I would say the PS4 has had the better exclusives, Bloodborne and TLOU instantly spring to mind. However Games with gold is considerably better than the PS+ offers, I haven't actually bothered subbing yet as I haven't come across a game offered yet that makes the sub worth it.

Other points are, the PS4 pad charge is utter gash, the One is quieter. The UI is equal to me. Much like the pad, these things aren't really worthy of swaying a decision.

Last edited:
Soldato
PS+ was actually very good value when it first came along and they had a huge pool of PS3 titles to throw at you, but seeing as PS+ has been around much longer then games for gold - the selection has now reduced somewhat, in another year or so the Ps4 will be getting I suspect some pretty decent AAA content for PS+ but right now its slim pickings I do agree.

Games for gold however, all the games I've seen provided near on most of them are better for the 360, and those games seem to be ones that were provided a lot sooner on PS+ only as PS+ as a service was aorund sooner then games for gold.

Games for gold only became a thing due to Sony and its PS+ and its huge sales gap, I had always considered xbox live subscription to be a complete and utter rip off, it was totally comical when MS tried to force a subscription model on PC owners back in the day of live - games for windows live.

Personally I think folks have very short memories at times. Cause that is IMO and others might or do think differently. As is so very often the case in these threads.

Caporegime
My comments re: Games with Gold vs PS+ are purely aimed at the PS4 and the One. I don't own a PS3 or 360 anymore, so no idea on the content with that regards.

Associate
OP
Well I finally bought a PS4 500GB with FIFA 16 for £289 from Currys today. Purchased an extra controller from Argos for £39. Think I got a good deal?

My son is happy.

They didn't have the 1TB bungle in stock for £299, but I suspect this would be the old Chasis?

A matter of concern that will take further investigation, was when I opened FIFA 16 in the ads below was a video of a woman spread eagled playing with herself :eek:, any idea what thats all about.

Didn't clip it btw :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I finally bought a PS4 500GB with FIFA 16 for £289 from Currys today. Purchased an extra controller from Argos for £39. Think I got a good deal?

My son is happy.

A matter of concern that will take further investigation, was when I opened FIFA 16 in the ads below was a video of a woman spread eagled playing with herself :eek:, any idea what thats all about.

Didn't clip it btw :rolleyes:

Strange advert you described there, but a ps4 with Fifa 16 for £289 from a high Street electrical goods store isn't too bad, controller was a very good price however.

Fifa 16 is anything from £39 - £49 most high Street retailers so all in all wasn't too bad.

Hope your son enjoys his new games console. Don't forget a ps+ sub if he wants to play Fifa online with friends.

Soldato
Is that a monthly cost ? sorry for my ignorance

No that's OK. It's either a monthly, quarterly or yearly charge. Both Xbox live and ps+ are required on either machine if you want to play online. So its not unique to Sony ps4.

Most grab psn cards from cdkeys cheaper and then buy a yearly subscription as this idoes actually work out cheaper then a monthly subscription, ps+ for a ps4 provides online gaming, cloud saving and a selection ( depending on how you view the free games) selection of either good or bad lol games to play each month....

Associate
OP
No that's OK. It's either a monthly, quarterly or yearly charge. Both Xbox live and ps+ are required on either machine if you want to play online. So its not unique to Sony ps4.

Most grab psn cards from cdkeys cheaper and then buy a yearly subscription as this idoes actually work out cheaper then a monthly subscription, ps+ for a ps4 provides online gaming, cloud saving and a selection ( depending on how you view the free games) selection of either good or bad lol games to play each month....

So is it PSN for PS3 and PS+ for PS4 ?

thanks again :)

Soldato
Thanks, so PSN is just like buying credit to spend on all PS services?

No the PSN is the online service for all playstation consoles. So it's the store and online gaming etc.

PS+ gives you 4/5 free games a month, a mix of PS3, 4 and Vita games. And it allows you to play online on the PS4. You don't need it to play online on the PS3.

Though any credit you buy is available across all your consoles, so if you put £50 credit into the store, you can the spend that on the PS3, PS4 or vita :)

Confused yet? lol

Back
Top Bottom