Multirotor, multicopter and quadcopter discussion - The Drone thread

Associate
First few flights under my belt, got to grips with the basics. I've had a little dabble with some backward flips & rolls.

Keeping everything to decent altitude in an open space at the moment, going to focus on getting smoother & better general control, before working on tighter spaces with obstacles.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Caporegime
No problems and good look. 2nd hand on ebay is good though. I got my pro with 8 spare blades and a dji rucksack all for £897 and the battery had only had 2 charges.

So a good saving over new even from Germany.

At uk dealer prices i was looking at over £400 more.

Soldato
Well after my discovery crashed out of sight in a small quarry onto some rocks :eek: it's back up and flying, broke all props, ripped the gopro out the gimbal mount, the fpv camera/mount got detached, the immersion RC antenna got broke but just cosmetic.

Still very cautious of taking it any real distance away though.

Reason for the crash I believe was the gimbal got detached by the screws vibrating out and it swung up and hit the props, they are fully threadlocked back in now though.

Relly surprised it didn't suffer any damage to motors or frame. So here's a return to the crash site and another boring field. :D

Soldato
Hi. I'm looking to buy a quadcopter/drone for a friend. Looking to spent around £45-£50 incl. international shipping (to Malta). Not sure what I should be looking for tbh. A decent battery life would be appreciated I guess.

If it can hold a small camera (ex. GoPro or similar) it would be preferred, but I'm not sure that with that price I will find something with the required specs to hold a small camera.

Associate
Hi. I'm looking to buy a quadcopter/drone for a friend. Looking to spent around £45-£50 incl. international shipping (to Malta). Not sure what I should be looking for tbh. A decent battery life would be appreciated I guess.

If it can hold a small camera (ex. GoPro or similar) it would be preferred, but I'm not sure that with that price I will find something with the required specs to hold a small camera.

To carry a gopro with decent battery life you'll need add a few hundred just for the quad then add tx and rx then you'll need decide if you want fpv

You can get an rtf quad with a cam for recording only for around the 55 mark but don't expect any decent quality images

Also you need decide what's wanted out of it stable video or pics or downright dirty speed and acrobatics

Soldato
To carry a gopro with decent battery life you'll need add a few hundred just for the quad then add tx and rx then you'll need decide if you want fpv

You can get an rtf quad with a cam for recording only for around the 55 mark but don't expect any decent quality images

Also you need decide what's wanted out of it stable video or pics or downright dirty speed and acrobatics

Yeah, though that it would be expensive lol.

My mate just thinks they're cool and stuff like that, but he doesn't have one. Just thought it would make a decent present. I have 0 knowledge on the subject so I have no idea what is better (acrobatics or bad video).

Can you give me a link to one/two of each please?

Thanks a lot :D

EDIT: Something like this is good? http://www.amazon.co.uk/HUBSAN-X4-H...70433&sr=8-1&keywords=iphone+controlled+drone

Last edited:
Don
The little Hubsan is great and the quad that most of us learned on.
You can get a C version of it that has a camera built in to record the flight (no FPV). You might get one in your budget. The FPV D version is much more expensive though.

Soldato
Can you give me a link to one/two of each please?

My Syma x5c-1 is bigger than the husban, is less 'zippy' and can fly outside in a bit of wind. It comes with a 2mp video camera, but it's pretty naff as you'd expect at this price. Loads of youtube videos filmed from it if you search x5c-1. It can also do front/back and side flips.

Buy-it-now Ebay link

Associate
With anyone just starting out in the hobby and especially those who've never flown anything rc I always suggest getting a cheap rtf kit just to learn how fly and land having rtf is a nice feature but should never be relied on

Especially the dji phantom crew who forget to calibrate the compass then cry when it try fly back to china

Back
Top Bottom