** NHL & Ice Hockey Discussion **

Soldato
Ducks lost their opener against the sharks, although it was a pretty decent game from both teams, could've gone either way. Sharks were lucky they didn't concede one but goalies were easily the best players from both teams.

Not surprised we lost, our openers always seem to suck.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Anyone else had issues with GCL sub?

I got the e-mail saying it was renewing for the season @ $99
And it worked for the first week. However I believe I forgot to update my payment details and thus my subscriptions appears to have been cancelled.

The daft thing is, there is no way to verify this in the 'my account' section...like you know, every other website ever! lol.

Anyway, so i went ot just re-sub from scratch, however how the hell do you buy GCL now?
The part of the site where it says to buy it comes up with an advertisement for it but no option anywhere to purchase. So confused!

Sent them an e-mail asking, and will try to call them shortly but was more just wondering why i can't find anywhere to actually buy the sub....

missed most of the opening games/highlights so hopefully can sort it asap! withdrawal symptoms already kicking in

EDIT: Ahhh, i can re-buy it now from work. It must have just glitched out or something the other day when I tried. $115 instead of $99 but can't be bothered to wait until I can speak to them. Will just sub now!

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else had issues with GCL sub?

I got the e-mail saying it was renewing for the season @ $99
And it worked for the first week. However I believe I forgot to update my payment details and thus my subscriptions appears to have been cancelled.

The daft thing is, there is no way to verify this in the 'my account' section...like you know, every other website ever! lol.

Anyway, so i went ot just re-sub from scratch, however how the hell do you buy GCL now?
The part of the site where it says to buy it comes up with an advertisement for it but no option anywhere to purchase. So confused!

Sent them an e-mail asking, and will try to call them shortly but was more just wondering why i can't find anywhere to actually buy the sub....

missed most of the opening games/highlights so hopefully can sort it asap! withdrawal symptoms already kicking in

EDIT: Ahhh, i can re-buy it now from work. It must have just glitched out or something the other day when I tried. $115 instead of $99 but can't be bothered to wait until I can speak to them. Will just sub now!

Don't forget the 20% tax aswell! Happened to me also but It still came to about £90 which is fine.

Next game ill be watching is another 3am game... Didn't get to bed till 6.10am on sunday morning..

Soldato
Don't forget the 20% tax aswell! Happened to me also but It still came to about £90 which is fine.

Next game ill be watching is another 3am game... Didn't get to bed till 6.10am on sunday morning..

Last time I bought it it just said $99, and that's all I paid, and have been paying the same since. Came to like £65.
I wonder why i never paid VAT on that...hmmm
It was meant to auto-renew at $99 total but guess it's my fault for not updating details!

Either way - I spend more time watching NHL than anything else and it's the only media I pay for so well worth such a small fee.

Last edited:

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
just use adfreetime? its £1.30 a month and takes no time at all to set up.

the Lightning Bruins game was brilliant. Brian Boyle put in a solid performance.
I can see Tampa in the Eastern Finals again this season.

after we got thrashed by the panthers, I was wary about starting Michal Neuvirth in goal but the kid got a shutout on his first start for the Flyers.

I would really like to see some goals from Voracek and Giroux though.

Loads of good matches tonight, may catch some Tampa Detroit. Interested to see the Pens against the Habs too

Soldato
Damn whats going on with the Ducks.... We killed the preseason games, looked like an awesome stanley cup contender and now....... well now we don't even look like we want to get into the playoffs...

3 games down and only one goal.... Coyotes game last night we changed goalie after 15minutes!

*Keeps telling himself "78 games still to go.... 78 games still to go..."*

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
I've been thinking the same. You guys looked blistering in pre season. admittedly I havent caught any of your games, but tracking the scores and the odd recap I just cant understand whats going on.

Its early days though, I wouldnt get too worries just yet.

Woke up at around 3pm this morning and couldn't sleep so ended up watching the last two periods of Hawks Flyers just as Giroux banged in a 2nd for us.

Very happy with that result.

Soldato
It's early days but for a few of last seasons playoff teams I'd be quite worried about even making the playoffs this season. But, there is also the fact that some of last years worst have improved and are starting strong but don't have the depth to maintain it over a full season.

At least a few non-playoff teams from last season have improved enough to make it this year though. So it should be an interesting fight this season.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Sharks are firmly under that category. I always considered them to be a bit of a joke shop but they are looking strong out of the block this season.

as I say though, it is early days.

Associate
That bloody skycam makes me feel motion sick haha.

Love how the Philly media are jumping on the "goalie situation" bandwagon with Mason not getting the start against the Hawks. Loving how Neuvirth ("Noy-Virth"??) has two straight shutouts though.

Shame I'm not in uni anymore cause staying up till 3 then getting up at 6 isn't really justifiable with my new job at the moment :(.

Still checking the highlights every morning though. I'm scared to even think that the Flyers might be able to make scrape a playoff spot. Hakstol seems to have done some nice work and I just hope it pays off. I wan't to belive in Hextall so much.

I was welling up at work watching the Kimmo interview and the puck drop ceremony highlights. Then I saw a Vine from the Flyers Hawks game of our fans with 12 seconds left on the clock chanting "She Said No!" to Kane. Makes the GWG in 2010 SCF wound feel a little better lol.

Soldato
Go to bed 3 hours early and wake up at 3 :p

I usually only catch the 3am games on the weekend, although I've taken half days to catch some mid week games at 1am.

Hopefully ducks will play better tonight, for a team with so much potential its a shame we have to rely on Anderson to keep us in games atm. Offensive line 1/2 need to get into gear..

Back
Top Bottom