US: Heroes reborn 2015

Soldato
Possibly move your discussion to the "US shows" forum now?
Hints of spoilers for the people in the UK who don't use TV from the US really aren't that fair.

Caporegime
I think there is too much commercial pressure on US shows - they milk some things for far too long and just want to rush them out with a team of writers regardless of quality - this show suffered in the writers strike IIRC.

The first season was fantastic TV, in an ideal world they'd have held off then made a well thought out second season then left it at that - unfortunately they spun out three further seasons which were watchable but just weren't anywhere near as good as the first.

The stuff that is truly great tends to have one single visionary driving the whole thing - the wire, sopranos etc.. (though even the wire went a bit retarded at times - especially the final season). I think Heroes became a bit more disengaged and designed by committee.

Last edited:
Soldato
I quite liked Reborn, just finished the opening two eps. The only bit I thought was a little annoying was..

The computer game stuff, at least all previous powers had some semblance of realism.

I actually liked that bit and I am hoping they explain that it happens for a reason and she can emulate and interact with surroundings in crossover reality that she can create.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Not too bad a start, once Bennits story got going it moved a long at a good pace.

Didn't like that gamer bit either, reminds of the Hiro bits from the start of the first series and they bored the crap out of me as well :(

Some bad habits happening here lets hope they have learn from previous mistakes.

Permabanned
None really. It'd be useful to know about Bennet, but he's a bit of a bell end anyway so I wouldn't bother.

Personally, I thought it was a bit pants...But I liked it :)

Soldato
Leroooooooooooooooooooooy :D

I thought it was a very good start for the show even though I couldn't remember a thing about Heroes (apart from it becoming utter cack). Lets hope history doesn't repeat itself as it feels very samey in that first episode.

Permabanned
Thought it was ok, ill still watch the rest because I like series with special powers. Although the tv game parts were annoying had to skip through. I don't know what made them think that was a good idea, it realy took a lot away from the series. Maybe its to appeal to younger audiences or east asian audiences?

Soldato
This is just terrible.

The stories of each character are too short lived for me to get involved, the story is vague and it screams of season 2/3.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
This is just terrible.

The stories of each character are too short lived for me to get involved, the story is vague and it screams of season 2/3.

Thinking the same, cant get into it and the whole thing is getting more absurd even for heroes

Associate
I can't stand the katana girl storyline, it's just cringe worthy.

Only watching it to make the gf happy, otherwise I would have stopped by now. Not gripping, not really interesting, really slow. I miss Heroes season 1.

Soldato
It really isn't a patch on season 1, the story just isn't gripping at all. I was hoping they could recapture that but it all just seems a bit silly at the moment. The side stories seem uninteresting and with it only being a 13 episodes I think the next few episodes may feel rushed.

Soldato
I can't stand the "I hope they are ready for what's coming". Jesus just let us know what's coming! It what I could never stand about the show. It would take all of 2 minutes seconds to tell someone and let us the viewer know.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Had a little flick through this, the cast did not do anything for me, the cgi was poor and after reading what you guys saying I won't bother with this one.

Associate
The annoying thing with Heroes is that it takes an age to get from A to B and all the filler is crap. The only character I really like is Noah Bennett. When you've got decent superhero shows such as Flash, Arrow (well, we'll see how Season 4 goes...) and SHIELD, Heroes unfortunately lags way behind.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Feels a bit like season 1-3 of the original show with some big event to occur or big baddie, endless build ups with suspense one has to be pretty tired of noah questioning every person who is just about to answer all his questions only to die or vanish...

Otherwise yeah the katana girl is terrible, but it does have some of the original hope of heroes I loled at that bit when they said perhaps inhuman..... so no mutant talk but inhuman, bit of a fox and marvel ordeal surely :)

Back
Top Bottom