Are tattoos passé yet?

Caporegime
People pay ludicrous amounts of money to have a hot pincer etch ink right into their epidermal layer...

Probably interesting if you have an intrinsically important and original design, but otherwise pointless vanity.

Soldato
I'm going to be brutally honest here... Your posts are not really suggesting a 'stress free' life.
You are the 1%

As long as someone can look respectful in the scenario they're in, I couldn't give a hoot what kind of tattoo they have. A person could show up to work in a high ranking business with their body plastered in tattoo, but if they're all covered up, who cares.

Last edited:
Soldato
Small subtle tattoo on shoulder, not visible usually, and not tacky caligraphy (most of my friends/relatives don't even know I have one).

It's the people who have them all over their arms, chest, neck, legs etc that irritate me.

Oh that's your babys name? Good for you...

So you're tattoo's ok, but most everyone else's isn't?

The people with them all over their arms, chest, neck, legs etc - why or how does that irritate you?

Someone tattoos their child name onto themselves and that causes you bother - why or how?

How can someone else tattooing themselves cause you irritation? Are they coming up to you and forcing you to read/decipher/translate their tattoos?

Caporegime
Tattoos aren't for me, and I'm definitely not cool ;)

What I don't get is why some people have skulls and the like. A skull is never an attractive image. Why would you have an image of death permanently drawn on you? Quite a few people in the "get your tats out" thread have skulls on them iirc.

I mean, if I had to (gunpoint), I'd have a kitten or something :p Something comforting or inspiring.

But skulls... yuck.

Soldato
OP
So you're tattoo's ok, but most everyone else's isn't?
Nope, mine isn't ok at all. I wish I'd never got it. But that's almost irrelevant, since what I'm poo-pooing here is people who have tacky tattoo's on parts of their body that are frequently visible. Something which seems to be increasingly common.

All I'm saying is, isn't it time we stopped encouraging bad body *cough* art, and started being honest that it actually isn't particularly cool.

Caporegime
In the grand scheme of things, life is pretty much pointless, so why care about what someone has on their skin? It makes no difference at all, even if it is rubbish.

Soldato
Nope, mine isn't ok at all. I wish I'd never got it.

Ah, tattoo remorse. You're a bit like the ex smoker who goes round ranting that all smokers are disgusting filthy polluting monsters.

Surely what someone does to their body is no concern of yours? If you are finding yourself upset or put out by looking at people's tattoos then the problem lies with you not the other person.

Back
Top Bottom