**** The Official Google Nexus 6P Thread ****

Soldato
Are you approaching retirement age? :D

That is hideous! Why would you put something so beautiful inside something so nasty?!

Hah I wish.... Never understood pouches for phones as they offer no protection for when you're phone is actually likely to get damaged (as in when its out of the safe confines of ones pocket!)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Because sometimes I do listen to them, but purely depends on mood. Deleting specific songs from an album entirely is a bit of a bodge anyway, it makes the album "incomplete".

It has to be fully right, not half right.

Soldato
Fair play - I listen to music in playlists rather than albums so didn't think about that.

And the pouch cases are good if you damage your phone by it slipping out of your pocket, which, historically, is when I have done most damage to mine.

Soldato
OP
The only 2 times I've dropped my latest phone is when I've had it in my lap when getting out of the car, and pulled my jacket out from the passenger seat. My case saved it twice...phew!

Soldato
Are you approaching retirement age? :D

That is hideous! Why would you put something so beautiful inside something so nasty?!

Problem I have with Google Music is that it doesn't support standard star ratings. My entire library is rated and it took me long enough to find GoneMAD Music Player which also supports it, so now I have custom filters set up to play songs around the library that are only rated 5 star, 4 star, 3 and above etc.

It's the same way I have MusicBee set up on the PC.

I know scrobbling to LastFM works as I only have to install the LastFM app to scrobble via Google music on both the car stereo and the phone or Firefox extension, but without ratings support and advanced library controls that separate software seems to have, it's no use to me.

Shame because Google music in the car would be great and convenient as it gets 3G/4G from the phone anyway so always has data in most cases.

I was just using Google Music as an example as I know it works for me - but as you explained it doesn't for everyone.

Soldato
I was just using Google Music as an example as I know it works for me - but as you explained it doesn't for everyone.

I love the idea of Google Music, but as a music player app, it lacks in my opinion. Now if only PowerAmp delivered Google Music integration as they promised years ago it would be awesome :D

Soldato
Lots of rumours over on reddit of shipping this week or next week, I'm guessing they won't ship before reviews hit so once the review NDA is lifted we might see some movement (hopefully).

Soldato
Hah I wish.... Never understood pouches for phones as they offer no protection for when you're phone is actually likely to get damaged (as in when its out of the safe confines of ones pocket!)

It's mostly so that it doesn't get scratched with keys etc. in the pocket, or if it slips out, then it's protected. I don't like the other types of cases because you pay so much not to just have the underlying tech, but also the design. The slimness of the phone is one of the selling points and then to 'ruin' it by adding in a bulky case, just kind of defeats the point for me. Lots of cases aren't all that bulky, I know, but it's still more than a naked phone.

Soldato
If I get a slippery phone (Note 5 or X5 Premium) I'll get a quick slip pouch just so it doesn't fall out of my pocket while I'm driving. I'm unlikely to use one anywhere else.

If I go for the 6P I'll have to wait to see how slippery it is - it doesn't sound too bad, but the frost is meant to have a slightly more "plasticy feel" than the others, so it depends on whether it's Nexus 5 plastic (extremely grippy rubbery feel) or the slick Galaxy S3 plastic.

Soldato
Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of this phone. Its either this or the Moto X Style for me, im liking the Nexus most so far though.

Back
Top Bottom