OSX El Capitan

Soldato
anyone else getting lag when moving between desktops?
Not a big fan of the upgrade so far...can you downgrade?

I've not noticed any lag but I am having issues with my Wacom tablet.

I can't easily select text any more and it doesn't always recognise why I've hovered over my dock to make it appear.

Associate
Microsoft has released a fix for Office 2011 to fix the Outlook crash bug in El Capitan.
The new 14.5.6 is available via Microsoft Autoupdate.

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/10/07/microsoft-office-2011-outlook-fix/

Excellent! As 2011 users at work, this was doing my nut in :p

That's one issue out of the way, so now for a potential one, based on past experience. Has anybody noticed any issues with accessing NAS drives over their network in El Capitan? Both Mavericks and Yosemite royally screwed up the ability to use our Synology NAS when they first came out - as I recall, we could connect, but it was slow and prone to dropping altogether ...

Soldato
I've got my first issue of sorts. My HP Officejet isn't playing well with El Capitan, was fine in Yosemite looks like the HP drivers are totally screwed up and an update will be required.
A lot of people in a similar situation over on the HP Support Forums.

EDIT: Everything is working fine now after reinstalling the HP drivers for a second time....odd but if it works, it works!

Last edited:

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
It does seem to be a fair bit faster than Yosemite (4gb Ram 2011 Air). I have had to manually disable spaces and mission control to keep window snapping how I want it but life goes on. Had to install new drivers so I could get my mouse buttons working again

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
Still having to do occasional restarts when I start getting lag. Had the same on Yosimite. It's smoother when it is working, but nothing on Mavericks on MBA '11.

Commissario
I had some dreadful issues a couple of days ago, lock ups for multiple seconds, the spinning wheel thingie was just solid. I thought it was El Capitan but it turned out to be Chrome. I don't know why it was doing it but a restart of Chrome did the trick, it's never done that before.

Soldato
Anyone had issues waking from sleep with 10.11?

Mine was fine pre-final release, however now when I wake from sleep nothing appears on screen. My power meter shows that the Mac has woken up, but I have to hard power off and power on to see anything. Tried SMC/NVRAM reset, which made no difference.

Soldato
Anyone had issues waking from sleep with 10.11?

Mine was fine pre-final release, however now when I wake from sleep nothing appears on screen. My power meter shows that the Mac has woken up, but I have to hard power off and power on to see anything. Tried SMC/NVRAM reset, which made no difference.

I'm still experiencing the same bugs I reported to Apple in the public beta. Every time I wake my MBP from sleep the Finder is dead. It will show a non-existent item in the folder view (eg random-name.download) and nothing responds to clicks and you can't close it. It needs 'killall Finder' or 'Force relaunch' to come back to itself. It also randomly happens through the day. This is on a clean install too. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom