*** The Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Thread ***

Soldato
Started the ball rolling on returning mine - being collected by Clove on Monday (so I've got the weekend to change my mind!)

I have to say that the service from Clove has been superb....so far! (we'll see how long it takes for the money to hit my account!)

Dang-it the battery on this thing is good though!

I charged my M8 overnight - the Z5C was sat on 75% when I turned it on this morning - I've been messing around with both roughly equally (couple of calls on the M8 but watched some video content on the Z5C) - as I write this both phones are currently sat at 68% meaning the M8 has lost 32% battery whereas the Z5C has only lost 7% from roughly 8am this morning!!!! :eek:

Soldato
You keeping the m8 or changing phones?

Keeping the M8 until something strikes my fancy I think!

No real complains about it other than the "limited" 16GB internal storage - as apps get bigger and bigger I think 32GB and even 64GB will be the minimum - PLUS a micro SD card for photos etc! (especially at north of 6MB per photo!)

I think back to my very first smartphone - the HTC Desire, which I believe had 512MB of internal storage - you couldn't fit a single app on it these days!

Associate
Looks like with Amazon the free headphone/speaker is only with the Black colour variant.

I web chatted amazon and they couldn't advise much why it was the black one and if you wanted it just cancel your current order and pre order again to qualify for the speaker....

Associate
Regarding the Orzly case that was mentioned earlier. I've got one. It's not on my phone right now - realistically for me it just doesn't offer enough protection. It'd do against scratches, but it offers pretty much zero impact protection.

I'll be buying a case mate tough once people have them in stock I think. But that's just me and I'm notoriously hard on my phones (perhaps I shouldn't have bought a Z5 compact?).

Seems as if Amazon have been a bit poor with the preorders too. I had a preorder with them but bought from CPW once I found out there was the delay.

LzR

LzR

Associate
Started the ball rolling on returning mine - being collected by Clove on Monday (so I've got the weekend to change my mind!)

I have to say that the service from Clove has been superb....so far! (we'll see how long it takes for the money to hit my account!)

Dang-it the battery on this thing is good though!

I charged my M8 overnight - the Z5C was sat on 75% when I turned it on this morning - I've been messing around with both roughly equally (couple of calls on the M8 but watched some video content on the Z5C) - as I write this both phones are currently sat at 68% meaning the M8 has lost 32% battery whereas the Z5C has only lost 7% from roughly 8am this morning!!!! :eek:
So in essence, is it just the screen size putting you off? Apart from that would you recommend?

Jay

Soldato
So in essence, is it just the screen size putting you off? Apart from that would you recommend?

Jay

I really would! It's actually slightly annoying me that I don't want to keep it because it tick's so many other boxes!

I am a bit concerned that the glass back heated up so dramatically while all I was doing was installing/updating a few app's but other that that I can't find much fault with it to be honest!

LzR

LzR

Associate
I really would! It's actually slightly annoying me that I don't want to keep it because it tick's so many other boxes!

I am a bit concerned that the glass back heated up so dramatically while all I was doing was installing/updating a few app's but other that that I can't find much fault with it to be honest!
Ok thank you, decisions decisions! :)

Jay

Soldato

Every phone on the planet does heats up in initial install as it's a lot to do. The z5c gets no hotter than any other.

Soldato
Every phone on the planet does heats up in initial install as it's a lot to do. The z5c gets no hotter than any other.

From my personal experience I'd disagree - having had quite a few phones I've never known one get as hot as mine did while not being what I'd call overly taxed!

Not saying it does it all the time but was just a bit of a worry! (Especially as I can't imagine things improving with a case on it too!)

Again though, just my opinion!

Soldato
From my personal experience I'd disagree - having had quite a few phones I've never known one get as hot as mine did while not being what I'd call overly taxed!

Not saying it does it all the time but was just a bit of a worry! (Especially as I can't imagine things improving with a case on it too!)

Again though, just my opinion!

Every phone warms up on the initial set-up, all the radios, CPU and storage get hammered for a good 30-60 mins. Your average eager new phone user is also trying to do other stuff on top n all like taking pictures n stuff. The phones battery will be probably still warm from just been taken off charge the second it hits 100% for the first time n all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Every phone warms up on the initial set-up, all the radios, CPU and storage get hammered for a good 30-60 mins. Your average eager new phone user is also trying to do other stuff on top n all like taking pictures n stuff. The phones battery will be probably still warm from just been taken off charge the second it hits 100% for the first time n all.

Yes I know all this (although I wasn't using it for anything else and it hadn't only just come off charge!).....but the fact remains that this particular handset got hotter that I've ever known a phone to get, irrespective of what you're doing with it!

It might be just the one I was using but I certainly wouldn't have been comfortable with it getting that hot!

Each to their own but I've decided to send mine back anyway for that an other reasons!

Soldato
You need to worry if it's not getting hot when pushed as the heat is getting insulated. Mine's got warm after 20 mins of 4k but not enough to stop the recording

Just got home after work still 70% left on battery, well impressed to say I took it off charge at 8am, my s6 was always asking for the charger at this point of the day.

Back
Top Bottom