*** The Sony Xperia Z5 Compact Thread ***

Soldato
Anyone had any issues with 4G reception? I've been finding I'm getting 1 bar of 4G reception in my flat - I'd expect better as the mast isn't far away. I get full strength 3G reception.

Maybe it's time to contact Sony...

Why do you think you should have good 4g coverage on the basis you get 3g?

Why do you need to ring Sony because your provider doesn't have decent signal in your area?

Associate
It's possible that VF don't co-locate their 4G and 3G kit. That said, I'd strongly assume that the mast is 4G enabled - I live inside the M25 and VF's coverage map shows 100% coverage for 4G.

Annoyingly Sitefinder doesn't show whether masts are LTE enabled.

Reading up about the Z3 compact and some people had similar issues, so it's a possible issue. I may contact VF and Sony and get their $0.02 on it. That said, my usage profile means a decent HSDPA connection is more than good enough really.

Soldato
seem's to have a lot of bugs for a premium handset http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z5-Z5-Compact-Z5-Premium/bd-p/xperia_z5

Anyone from here got there Amazon Delivery ? can you post some real life camera samples please

It's generally ok, phone definitely needs an update or two to clear up a few rough edges. Apparently an update has shown up on EE over the last day or so which fixes most things.

It's no worse than the S6 with its persistent ram allocation issues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Noticed some blurring to left side :(

Will take few more pics and upload later

It's a strange one this, I thought I had it, took a load of pictures yesterday of the kids and no sign of it. The pictures have a bit of a fish eye effect some of them which the current camera app doesn't compensate for but generally very good pics I got.

Back
Top Bottom