Here it is the new BMW M2

Permabanned
I know I usually **** on BMWs modern looks, but that is a much better looking motor than the 1M coupe. The headlight redesign alone makes it look so much better.

Soldato
a gimped M4, that should be better, because its lighter, but won't be better, because obviously bmw will have gimped it just enough to be slower and a bit worst in every way.

Soldato
Thought it would shed more weight tbh. 1495kg in manual form (dct is heavier) vs 1572kg for a manual m4 isn't as big a difference as I was expecting.

I'm sure it's going to handle very well but I can't get over the looks those front fangs look terrible imo.

Soldato
Thought it would shed more weight tbh. 1495kg in manual form (dct is heavier) vs 1572kg for a manual m4 isn't as big a difference as I was expecting.

I'm sure it's going to handle very well but I can't get over the looks those front fangs look terrible imo.

It's the same weight as a Golf R Estate DSG with all of the Haldex system. Did they make parts of the M2 using Lead?! It looks great though.

Also, the Nurburgring time shown in the video is not that great when compared to some of the recent hot hatches. I assuming they did it whilst the speed limits were in force :p

For a track focussed car the numbers don't look great. Maybe the driving pleasure is off the scale.

Last edited:
Soldato
I really considered this, was going to put a deposit down last week, but would have preferred if it was a limited model. It will be ~£50k with options. Changed my mind now after reading about it and seeing actual pictures.
An M2 CSL is widely rumoured to break cover in 2016.

Soldato
I like (apart from the front bumper), but i'm not sure what it'll offer over an M235i for 99% of the time. I suppose its a balancing act of not being too good and removing sales from the M4, but being better than non-M cars.

Soldato
Im in. Quite fancy the manual too.

I think its more a junior m4 than a warmed up M235i, getting its bigger brother's brakes, gearbox, axles etc.

I dont look twice at a M235i, but the M2 does it for me. Its lighter and more compact than the M4, with most of the power you need. It should handle like its on rails.

Would like to see how this compares to a Cayman S, been looking at those too but this seems more fun.

Back
Top Bottom