Why isn't my car selling?

Soldato
I realise that - but in this particular case I found plenty of KA's at lower prices and the OP wants rid of it by end of month. So in this case I'd be inclined to say the price IS a sticking point

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28683500 said:
I once advertised a car that didn't sell for 2 months.

During those 2 months I made no change to the price or the areas in which it was advertised, or the advert itself.

It sold for asking price.

Not suggesting the same is the case of this particular Ford Ka but it's simply not true to repeat the tired 'If it isnt selling its too expensive' line, there are often other reasons.

Just because it eventually sold doesn't mean it wasn't poorly advertised.

Unless it is a niche car, there are always buyers for cars. So why did it sell after 2 months and not to someone else, well before that? There has to be a reason.

What if that one buyer decided against it in the end? You might have had to wait another 2 months.

Man of Honour
Because there were very few people interested in buying that sort of car privately - it was a rare manual 3 year old 335i M Sport. My point was to highlight that generalising by saying 'If something hasn't sold its too expensive' isn't always right. Sometimes you need to wait for the right buyer.

I did say I wasn't suggesting the same was the case for the Ford Ka, but you only need one person to buy a car and sometimes it takes a while for that person to come along. I suspect there are a few people out there who'd rather buy a newish low mileage Ka over a much better but older alternative car - and at the right pricepoint they'll eventually show themselves.

Soldato
But it's a KA. Bottom of the Ford range, budget city car and all that. And as several of us have said you can get plenty of cheap KA's. OP said they wanted rid by end of month too not wait the 8 weeks you did...

It's also a late, low mileage and fairly high specification Ka. Whilst many people would prefer to to pay less and take an older, higher mileage or lower spec one, there are also people that will pay a small premium to to get the best car within their budget.

Soldato
It's also a late, low mileage and fairly high specification Ka. Whilst many people would prefer to to pay less and take an older, higher mileage or lower spec one, there are also people that will pay a small premium to to get the best car within their budget.

But its still a rust bucket KA.
1000s of KA cars to choose from all lower in price and probably just as good

Soldato

Exactly - now look at where several people have said that KA's of the same rough spec are available cheaper with the same amount of miles and closer...

Caporegime
It's not exactly a "high specced Ka" either. Doesn't have leather for one.

Also not sure why it's listed as having "Climate Control" either, it has A/C, manual A/C, nothing more, nothing less. The "Climate" part of the model refers to the "Climate Pack" which included a heated front screen, and A/C.

Soldato
So nobody who wants a KA will look for a good deal then?

Everybody will look on ebay/autotrader etc and see whats available for the money they have.

If I have have a 2007 KA for £1000 why would I want to spend another £500 for the same car (same spec/miles)

You should link the OP to the 2007 Ka for £1000 of the same mileage/condition so that they can adjust their pricing accordingly?

Associate
When I was looking for my first car last year there was HUNDREDS of the damn things (Ford Ka's) in the listings, I had to add a filter in to remove them from my search results, which cut the results list in half...

Ideal car to buy as a first time driver (cheap, buyers market).
Horrible car to sell (so many on the market already).

Best of luck, like others have said, if you make it the best priced car in it's category and show it's got something unique you're more likely to sell it.

Soldato
Just because Air Con will be part of a Climate Control system, doesn't mean it's not worth mentioning both, avoids any confusion for those who might not realise that climate control will mean air con too.

Father's old FIAT Croma had climate control with no air-con, they are indeed two different things. Though looking at the picture of the dash I don't think this one does have climate control.

I don't see anything wrong with the add, it must just be too expensive. I imagine the market for an up-market bottom-of-the-market car isn't so large.

Soldato
Father's old FIAT Croma had climate control with no air-con, they are indeed two different things. Though looking at the picture of the dash I don't think this one does have climate control.

Just looked up a review and it said Air Con was standard on all models, with climate an option on higher trim levels.

It may not have had an AC button obviously marked (mine doesn't, it has an eco button to turn it off) but I suspect it had AC regardless.

Back
Top Bottom