What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Current on left - new just arrived from Creation on right

DSC_0305_zpss8luzier.jpg

Associate
KISS wins in my book too, though a chrono is hardly a KISS is the truest sense of the word! It's still a pretty bonkers (in a good way) complication to have, but shouldn't be too obscene to get serviced as an ETA movement. The moonphase is a step too far I think - totally useless complication for me. It can look pretty cool though.

Is this new Longines going to be your daily wear?

Yes I think so -for the winter-; I do wear the big PO a lot, but it's a bit tough to fit it in the leather jacket sleeve, the Longines on the other hand is perfect -- I think it's a very neat package.

Soldato
I want to buy my wife a nice watch for Christmas so thinking longines or ebel. Needs to be daily wearable as she has a load of jewellery which she never wears as it's 'too expensive/valuable'.

She currently has a tissot and baby g.

Suggestions welcome.

Soldato
I got one of these Citizen Eco Drive for my wife a little while back, she's suffering from the 'too expensive for the office' problem too, she's been very happy with it so far.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000ZPOWP4

The selling point was 'no battery' -- I was a bit worried that the crystal is not sapphire, but so far it has survived Mrs Clumsy :)

I bought that for my mum for Christmas two years ago and she has worn it pretty much everyday since. She loves the no battery aspect and says it is very comfortable.

Soldato
I was just idly flicking through eBay on my phone and I appear to have won myself a SevenFriday.

It's a brand new M1-1, I like the different aspect of it anyway and it was a bloody good price.

Not everyone's taste, but I like it. Always pass it on if I don't get on with it.

Soldato
Is it always seven on a Friday? :D

I don't get why they'd put things which could be understood as the verbal time and day bang in the centre of the face (admittedly for a very short period of time, but they're still daft).

Interesting piece though.

Soldato
Looking to get a diver style watch budget upto £700ish on my shortlist, steinhart ocean 1, christopher ward c60 trident pro 600, longines hydroconquest, seiko prospex diver titanium 6r15. Anything else i should look at? Must be an automatic though with metal bracelet.

Last edited:
Associate
there's aquite a lor of microbrands around that fit your criteria, but for the better-known ones you;ve covered most.

Oris are worth a look as they often have money off offers bringing them into your range.

Back
Top Bottom