Online MOT History

Associate
Haha the guy I sold my last car to was a bit creeped out when I text him congratulating him on passing the MOT yesterday, but telling him to get that rear tyre replaced. Oh funs begin :')

Soldato
My car (a 2007 Civic) is shown as jumping from 29k miles in 2013 to 139k miles in 2014, and then back to 46k miles this year. Looks like a clear error there!

Failures on record for a number plate bulb, brake bulb, effectiveness of windscreen wipers and low tread depth in its history back to 2010.

Associate
Hmm, not as good as the old one, easier to check though for the casual user.

My old company car has been clocked, i had it new till it was off leased at 3.5 years old and had 136k on the clock in 2006, in 2009 it had 107k!! It's a cat C now...MK02 WLA., even took it round the 'ring on my first trip :p

Should allow mileage checks from 2005 as the old did, but this new one doesn't :-/

Associate
Thanks! I am on the hunt for another car and this is proving rather interesting punching in reg numbers. Already steered clear of a few thanks to the results.

Soldato
This is brilliant while looking at car ads. Was going to see a Legacy that has an ad saying its passed every mot no issues. Advisories showed oil leak for the last 3 years good haggling find :D

Soldato
Reason(s) for failure
Offside Rear Vehicle structure has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings (6.1.B.2)

For that lemon I got. Good it's engine went pop.

This one is complete nonsense.

the "30Cm" thing is an imaginary sphere centred on the body mounting in question.

A "Hardass" tester could fail you for having a harmless hole in the wing if it was within this zone(Or in the case of somebody I knew a small rust hole next to the rear light cluster)

Don
How odd. It certainly didn't work when I tried. Works now though.

What I find amazing is that the piece of junk Audi A8 I used to own that was shockingly unreliable is still going! It's on 200,000 miles now. Maybe it just didn't like me.

Soldato
Don't like it, doesnt show mileage from 2006 to 2010 anymore and it doesnt show the name of the test station. These two items were really useful for me as it was way to verify a cars mileage and I could also see where the cars spent various bits of its life in as I tend to avoid cars that live near the coast.

Caporegime
Some maniac keeps putting my old Fiesta through the MOT, each year the fail and advisory lists get bigger and bigger. It had bits on metal in the oil at 90k and its lasted to 115k on last years test!

Back
Top Bottom