What mobile network/contract are you on?

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I'm constantly switching around the networks and test them in different areas of where I live.

So far...

EE - On dual carriageways and motorways it looses signal quite often, but not central I'm getting speeds reaching 30/30. With this network my signal has been full at my house, no other network was capable of that before.

3 - better coverage, a little weaker signal than EE. But overall the difference was minimal in the experience whilst browsing/streaming.

My 30 day contract with EE has ended, Three is not doing their 15 quid 30-day contract deal with unlimited data. I'm tempted to go Virgin, but they don't have 4G...

So what mobile networks are you on and what does your contract look like?

Soldato
Living in the sticks and 4G is never going to happen here any time soon, but it doesn't matter - on Three I'm nearly always on H or H+ and frankly it's fine, enough to stream video or music without interruption, and as you say they seem very reliable on the move. Indeed the only place I've been where I've noticed no signal is a hotel in Skegness (or in much of the Cheviot valleys up this way, but then I doubt anyone will have signal there - certainly O2 don't anyway).

Edit: I'm on Three's now defunct Ultimate Internet 100 plan at £15pm.

Last edited:
Associate
Used to be on Three £15pm once they got rid of that tried ID mobile for 2 months, both have been pretty much carp around west London keep losing signal and inconsistent 4g was nonexistent.
Now on BT 20gb at £20pm which is tons better just wish it was unlimited!

Associate
T-Mobile £28 per month for unlimited data, unlimited texts and 500 mins voice, all came with a free Xperia Z2 on a 24 month contract, 9 months and i'll be looking around for deals that tie in max 30 days.

Soldato
Vodafone - £21 p/m (12 month contract) - 6GB 4G data - unlimited calls/text - Spotify premium for £12 months.

That is with 20% discount applied through company work scheme

Associate
vodafone unlimited mins/texts 2gb data, htc one m8, 24 month contract started last July. 43 quid a month.

Cancelling soon with, hopefully, zero penalty as since july i've had next to no service at home.

Soldato
TalkTalk £12 All-in SIM - Unlimited minutes, Unlimited texts and Unlimited Data

It's only 3G but my Nexus 4 won't do 4G so not a problem at moment. Once I get new Nexus I will be looking for a new Sim only as TalkTalk don't do 4G.

Associate
On 3, £18 per month for unlimited data, unlimited text and 200 minutes, sim only.

Had a play with different networks in January when my 02 contract was nearly up and 3 was pretty much the only one that had decent signal at home and at work. Everyone else was strong in one, pitiful in the other.

IC3

IC3

Soldato
OP
Yeah, Virgin and EE same thing. Well... Virgin is trying to negotiate the 4G with EE, so far you can only get 3G from them.

Back
Top Bottom