Why isn't my car selling?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28688258 said:
Are you sure? How would that even work? It can't control the climate if it cannot cool the air..

Just looked up a review and it said Air Con was standard on all models, with climate an option on higher trim levels.

It may not have had an AC button obviously marked (mine doesn't, it has an eco button to turn it off) but I suspect it had AC regardless.

They are, but the former requires the latter :p You mean it didn't have a button marked A/C.... because it had climate control instead.

1987 Croma, no a/c. You set a temperature in centigrade which it regulated if that meant heating the cabin. Rather than just controlling the hot/cold air mix or heater matrix valve.

That's climate control right? It's much much better with a/c too. But you can have a/c with no regulated control or regulated control with no a/c, so long as its winter.

Associate
OP
What do I win for guessing/suggesting the price first? :p

Internet cookie?

To be fair you can't blame someone for trying to get as much as they can for it can you? But as soon as I lowered the price I got lots of interest (from people who never called back or came round!) A lady emailed me via ebay last night, was here for not even 20mins this morning and that was it!

Maybe I should have put in the advert 'first to see will buy' :rolleyes:

Associate
OP
While I'm here could someone help me with what I do regarding tax etc?

I know we need to fill in the right parts of the V5 and I need to give the buyer the little slip part and I post off the rest.

I have a monthly direct debit set up for car tax and my insurance is joint with my current car.

When they pick the car up, do I give them time to get home then cancel the direct debit or does filling in the form auto cancel it for me once it's processed in the office? Same goes for insurance, can I cancel it that night?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28698939 said:
Sigh.

Meanwhile, back in the modern world, you do not get climate control without air conditioning.

True, probably find it in some markets though. Surprising how low spec some cars we get can be in places like south America.

I hate seeing a/c without climate, most of the time the car has the temperature sensor, its just a software change to differentiate the range.

Associate
OP
Money paid, form filled, only she didn't sign at the bottom - d'oh! I imagine this will be a requirement if I was to send it off. Anyone know how it's done online?

Soldato
Just looked at the Ka's MOT history, my god so many MOT fails.

Haha yea, and they start happening at quite low mileage! Not a good sign.

My previous car (Focus ST) was the same year as that KA, had done a lot more miles and only ever had one advisory on one test.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
All sorted, online service is really easy! Just sorting out new insurance for new car now :) £27 a month!

Back
Top Bottom