child friendly android - windows media player

Soldato
Hi all,

Daughter is getting a tablet for her birthday, mainly for educational apps etc but it'd be nice if she could view her cartoons/films etc on it now and then.

All the movies are stored on a shared drive on my windows 7 PC.

Anyone have any suggestions for a media player that would be easy enough for a 4 year old to use?

Associate
My daughter (5 years old) also has the Hudl 2. I would recommend copying the films to sd card in the Hudl 2 so you can take it out in the car, restaurant etc.

VLC has a nice layout but won't download poster art etc so hard to see which film is which for them.

Try Kodi or even Archos Video Player for local play. Nice layout and automatically downloads poster art.

My daughter also has Plex app which is handy in the house or where there is WiFi.

Soldato
OP
thank for the advice.

Yeah I tried VLC but couldn't get it to work over the network, must need other software to work. I'm really surprised there is a child friendly video app, could be a nice project for me to look at :)

I'll give the suggestions a try later tonight and see which looks best, I'll also look at getting a sd for her if i've not got one sitting around unused :)

Soldato
OP
Plex works a treat on the network. It's responsive and allowed me to setup the exact folders that she needs access too.

The hudl2 is quick at loading them and her stuff looks great on the screen. I just need to find her headphones so I don't have to listen to hours of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Star Wars Rebels or Pingu :p

Next job, a nice ebook reader for her :)

Back
Top Bottom