Mountain Biking

Caporegime
Mobile Bird site, is totally pointless. Wouldn't waste your time, I even tried setting my phone to desktop mode to use it and it still wouldn't work.

Also stealth black is by far the best colour.

Gav

Gav

Associate
Every bugger has a black bike these days, too common for me.

The very reason i went for something that wasnt black :)

12049443_10153149927661711_3221715280703044918_n.jpg

Soldato
Got an unexpected bonus from work so I can bring my MTB purchase forward a bit and spend a bit more. So rather than the Calibre 2.2 I was considering I'm now looking at a Canyon Grand Canyon AL 4.9, any good or should I point £600 in another direction?

Soldato
Had a great few laps and time sessioning Parkwood Springs today - lovely little track that is.

Getting a lot more confident in berms, carrying more speed (it was only my 5th ride) and even managed to get some reasonable (more importantly controlled) air on some of the tabletops at the end.

Soldato
I have a Reverb dropper and I have noticed when it is fully extended I can push the saddle down but then as soon as pressure is released it goes back to the top. Do I need to give it a bleed to sort that?

Permabanned
With regards to starting out would it be overkill buying a full face helmet? Obviously won't be jumping in head first into black trails etc but intention is to progress that direction eventually.

Don't want to splash out for two helmets if I have to end up buying one anyway but at same time don't want to look like a t%%% wearing one on starting out .

Soldato

$99.99 shipping on that. plus import and value taxes.

anyone want to work that out?

edit:

actually maybe they wont do it..

"What Brands Cannot Be Shipped Out Of The US?

Due to contracts with the following brands, we are unable to ship any of their products outside the US. If you attempt to order one of these brands and have it shipped outside the US, we will contact you and cancel the order. However, it is OK to purchase any of these products with an international credit card and have the product shipped to a US address.
Fox Racing"

Soldato
Hmm, damn - doesn;t look like it.
The import duty on something worth +/- £350 wouldn;t be a lot, but either way, doesn't look like they will ship.

Unless 6thelement makes himself useful, and agrees to be the OcUK shipping mule :D

Soldato
It is. Initially I wanted to go for either a 26 or 27.5 but I am considering a 29 now.

It's a great bike imo, but on 29's - I'd try get a ride on one first - you need to be sure 29 is for you.

To me 29's felt like wagon wheels, although I'm only 5ft 8 - so that probably didn't help.

If 29's suit you - go for it - cracking bike.

Back
Top Bottom