New Site Feedback

Soldato
The Ecommerce comes first, our old site though simple and easy to navigate was too dated and losing us market share as it lacked so much on the technical background stuff.

Already Caseking from launching their new website (same software) has seen large growth in B2C sales.

The site was launch midnight Saturday as Sunday is our lowest volume traffic day so ideal for putting the new site live to see how it goes without harming business too much.

We can now resolve the issues, improve optimisation and edit the way it looks and navigates if need be. A mobile version will come soon and then no doubt the forums will get an update. :)

It looks ok on casting.de, still too cluttered, but less so as the background is white, and the adds mostly have the same background colours. (not pink like one of the OCUK adds)

If you ask me the black red blue scheme is just too much for that kind of crazy layout.

But looking at caseking.co.uk we can clearly see why they got a huge increase in B2C sales, assuming this was the old, as the old website was totally different to OCUKs old website, so you're comparing apples and oranges and will not see the same increase in OCUK sales.

If you ask me, the old was better then both of the Caseking designs, aside from the component bar, I do prefer that to the old side bar.

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit, sorry, misread things.

The VAT star and the layout of the basket page are horribly confusing. At first, I thought that the prices being quoted were ex. VAT, and the total being in the middle of the basket page only confirms that.
IMHO, you ought to stick the total line at the bottom of the page at least....

-Leezer-

Last edited:
Associate
price filtering slider overlap the prices when too close , making them unreadable.

noticed this in the graphics card section when sorting by price then using the slider to narrow it down .

Soldato
Got to be honest and say I prefer the old one too, not saying the old one was perfect but this one just seems visually cluttered. You're not the only large online store with this issue either, Amazon has the same for problem with trying to show too much on the homepage for example.

The 'adverts' on the sides really don't help matters either, do you really need those adverts?... They also move when you scroll showing the solid background colour, pretty sure they should likely be fixed position.

Also as others have said the choice of design and colours does look rather dated too...

EDIT: Did a quick edit to the site with firebug removing the wallpaper 'adverts' and that alone actually makes the site look considerably better than before

EDIT 2: Would be nice if the main menu to new sections was sticky like the 'basket and account' menu so you didn't have to scroll all the way back up too.

Last edited:

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Not a bug really, but my eyes do not like this:

8cd75defcdd045696779a784a16af5dc.png

I just can't follow the lines across.

Associate
Oh god it's horrible! I loved the simplicity before, now it's far too busy and unpleasant to navigate. Just bought a couple of SSDs on the MM rather than trying to find them again on the site.

I appreciate the work, but honestly, you've just cluttered it up and made it less intuitive. When you load a page, you should almost instantly know where to look to get what you need. With this it takes a lot longer to 'acquire your target'.

Permabanned
The Ecommerce comes first, our old site though simple and easy to navigate was too dated and losing us market share as it lacked so much on the technical background stuff.
I don't get that, a site that makes it easier for customers to buy things is losing you market share compared to the new site which makes it more difficult to buy things.

Soldato
Trying to checkout with paypal as the payment type didn't go to paypal checkout page just kept returning back the checkout page, then I changed the payment type to card and it just sent my order through in "awaiting processing" state on my order history but I never put in any card details :o

Soldato
Any idea why I can only see orders starting MAY 2015 nothing before that? are they gone?

Ive got plenty of orders before that and its hard to keep track of them all

Soldato
The site is rubbish I did not submit an order as I was trying to get the free delivery option to work before doing anything and guess what an order has been placed without me entering any bank details or my Santander security details
order ref 3000549 WEIRD or what

Soldato
The site is rubbish I did not submit an order as I was trying to get the free delivery option to work before doing anything and guess what an order has been placed without me entering any bank details or my Santander security details
order ref 3000549 WEIRD or what

It always saves the order before commencing the payment process, you don't need to have attempted to pay or entered the details - it can be inconvenient, especially if playing in the checkout, but on the plus side there's always an order number if you need to phone up for payment problems.

The biggest pain is it empties the basket but you can repeat an order to re-add all the items to the basket from the orders list in your account page.

Back
Top Bottom