Show us your kitty cats

Associate
Phoebe dosent like getting wet, she likes to be toweled dried when coming back indoors, anyone else have a diva cat that likes to be towel dried ?

DSC_5320.jpg

Soldato
I have to practically pin Dave down to dry him when he comes in soaking wet. The silly sod seems to like being out in the rain!

Lola just yells at me like I can somehow make it stop raining.

Bruce is the most sensible one of the lot and happily just sits in the house.

Man of Honour
Jade, my eldest, hates getting wet. She comes in when it's raining and cries her head off to be towel dried, yet when I get their towel to dry her I end up chasing her all over the house to succeed. Daft cat!! Abby doesn't mind and just sits there purring while she is being dried.

Caporegime
So my friend is adopting a stray (she was left behind by her owners when they moved a year ago) is it a good idea to give it a quick flee treatment when she gets it just in case it's picked anything up?

Which is best

Soldato
So my friend is adopting a stray (she was left behind by her owners when they moved a year ago) is it a good idea to give it a quick flee treatment when she gets it just in case it's picked anything up?

Which is best

Yes, and get "Advantage" as it's the best you can without prescription, "Advocate" is the best on prescription. (Try vetuk.co.uk to order some Advantage). Also Drontal for a worming, then off to vets for a general check up. Pet insurance after all that :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Which is best

id take it to the vets, ask for a general check over and flea worm/ treatment

Soldato
Phoebe dosent like getting wet, she likes to be toweled dried when coming back indoors, anyone else have a diva cat that likes to be towel dried ?

DSC_5320.jpg

Yes my Jinx meows like mad as if she's complaining. I then get a towel and dry her down and then she seems happier. It really does sound like she's telling me to get off the sofa and dry her off lol.

Soldato

Which is best

Some vets do a all rounder checkup with worming, flea treatment and injections for £40. Might seem a lot but buying the stuff seperately costs similar and the vet gives the cat a once over checking teeth, ears, etc

Soldato
Fsmqm1a.jpg

Today at about 2:25pm, my cat Blimm died.
He collapsed on saturday night and had problems breathing, so I took him to the pdsa emergency vet and they kept him until sunday morning, when he seemed to be just fine.
He spent pretty much all of sunday sat on my lap whilst we watched some movies. The he slept on the bed next to me all night and most of the morning today. I decided to sack work off today and I'm glad I did, because I was there with him. He snoozed on my chest for a couple of hours after lunch, then he seemed to twitch and turn his chest in the opposite direction to his back legs, then he went down on to the floor, yowled and took about 5 steps until he lay down on his side.
I think he took another half dozen laboured breaths, each further apart than the last and then was gone.

I ran round to my local vet just round the corner, but it was to late. They checked to see if he had a heartbeat, but he didn't, so there wasn't anything to do.

I wrapped him up in his fleece blanket off my bed and took him to a place where he'll be cremated individually and not as part of a job lot all mixed up.

I know a lot of people will say 'he's only a cat'. But he was my lad.

I miss my little furball.

Soldato
Fsmqm1a.jpg

Today at about 2:25pm, my cat Blimm died.
He collapsed on saturday night and had problems breathing, so I took him to the pdsa emergency vet and they kept him until sunday morning, when he seemed to be just fine.
He spent pretty much all of sunday sat on my lap whilst we watched some movies. The he slept on the bed next to me all night and most of the morning today. I decided to sack work off today and I'm glad I did, because I was there with him. He snoozed on my chest for a couple of hours after lunch, then he seemed to twitch and turn his chest in the opposite direction to his back legs, then he went down on to the floor, yowled and took about 5 steps until he lay down on his side.
I think he took another half dozen laboured breaths, each further apart than the last and then was gone.

I ran round to my local vet just round the corner, but it was to late. They checked to see if he had a heartbeat, but he didn't, so there wasn't anything to do.

I wrapped him up in his fleece blanket off my bed and took him to a place where he'll be cremated individually and not as part of a job lot all mixed up.

I know a lot of people will say 'he's only a cat'. But he was my lad.

I miss my little furball.

My cat is a member of my family. I totally understand you when you say he was your lad. Sorry to hear that mate. Gutted for you :(

rainbow_bridge_soft_zps70fpc08q.jpg

Over the rainbow bridge he goes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom