OCUK's new website

Associate
It does increase sales, OcUK had outgrown the capabilities of the old website, an upgrade was required which gives us a lot more power/ability that you the customer can not directly see.

As a result business is off to a good start.

I've added some sizing categories in storage to make finding SSD/HDD easier. :)

Homepage design / polishing can easily happen and I am sure some changes will be made to make it look less busy but on a whole the site was updated for the technical ability it has, not because the old one was looking bad. :)

Over the next coming days/weeks tweaks and polishing will be done, we will get it there for sure. :)

Looking forward to seeing what gets changed with regards to making it feel less busy and what tweaks get done over time. Hope it all works out well for the business.

Soldato
I really don't think it's as bad as some people are making out. My only real gripe is it doesn't fill the screen properly at 2560x1440, so heaven knows what it looks like at 4k!

Associate
Don't like the new website at all :(

In fact, I was only thinking the other week how much I've always loved OCuK's website and hope they never changed it.

Really horrible - please change it back!!

Associate
Replacing the content that used to be down the left hand side with the advert titles, OCUK extra, OCUK world and brands is not good at all. Most of that stuff doesn't seem like it's going to be frequently used, but it's placed in an area that my eyes are drawn directly towards, for navigating the shop.

Putting all that at the top now, and hovering over a major section to reveal all the other sections is not good. Very hard to find specifics amongst "PC Components", a huge category.

Any website redesign should've been optimised for mobile too. On a mobile device you have to press a major category e.g. "Gaming" to get the same menu that a mouse hover would produce. Clunky.

Soldato
Found an annoying bug, it only lets you select products per pages up to 48, the "all" option has disappeared which means the TWO page spans four pages.

Please fix that before Wednesday, aint nobody got time fo dat!!

Soldato
Looks ok , but I can't find things. Also I don't like that I can only put 48 things on a page. 4k and scrolling is much better than clicking through loads of pages. The new filters are good, they were needed.

Soldato
You're that defensive over it, you sure you don't have anything to do with it?

I'm not being defensive. I have a very low tolerance for BS, especially of the dramatic kind as seen in this thread where some people think they're being helpful by claiming it looks horrible and absolutely terrible, or that the old one was x amount times "better" than the new one.

There's been plenty of constructive criticism, which is great and helpful to those who designed it. The ones just moaning about how their eyes are supposedly bleeding and how terrible it looks are just being divas over change.

Soldato
The old website was so good compared to this. Can't describe it but I enjoyed browsing the previous website, it was very simple and easy to navigate.

I've already ordered something from a competitor :(

Back
Top Bottom