Forza 6 announced

Soldato
LOL. pCars was in never ending beta then still launched as a glitchy mess. Each patch introduces more new bugs. I particularly enjoyed the one where I got 4 flat tyres during a mandatory change in my first race, over three months after the game launched. It's pathetic. I'll forgive the odd glitchy drivatar in Forza as it's not gamebreaking like the pCars bugs. They're on patch 5 now, if it carries on like this they'll run out of numbers.

Soldato
Love the game but the low engine sound is really annoying when racing. Instead of just listening when to change gear, my eyes have to be peeled on the speedo.

How could they not spot this kind of thing in testing!

You have the selected correct in game audio settings for your Audio set up...right?

I have and mine sounds incredible, can't fault it

Soldato
Yeah - it was on TV for when I had the sound coming out of my TV.

It's a known issue AFAIK that the primary car sound is too low when surrounded by secondary cars.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Yeah its a known issue, theres a thread on the official forums thats pages and pages long regarding it.

I have the same issue too, regardless of what setting, headphones or not or what view I'm in.

As I said earlier, it just needs the individual sliders like in Horizon 2. :)

Soldato
Yeah its a known issue, theres a thread on the official forums thats pages and pages long regarding it.

I have the same issue too, regardless of what setting, headphones or not or what view I'm in.

As I said earlier, it just needs the individual sliders like in Horizon 2. :)

I've got the same problem. I'm not impressed with the balance of the audio at all.

I've got a 7.1 setup through an amp so it's set to 'home theatre' but the engine sounds aren't balanced at all and the sound in general doesn't seem right. The irritating voiceover woman is far too loud going through the menus but then you get into the race and suddenly it's too quiet :mad:

Looking through the forums it seems the 'solution' is to mess about with the audio settings on your surround sound system which is ridiculous

Soldato
Just tried this again after the latest patch and it's still the same. The Ai drivatards or whatever are just awful and the cars still come fitted with plastic tyres.

Soldato
Anyone else driven the Lola T163 and found it to be one of the worst handling cars on Forza 6?! :o:mad:

Could be all Can-Am cars I guess but the Lola is flipping difficult to keep pointing where I want it in corners. :p

Soldato
Just giving a head's up for anyone that may be interested in running a few one-off weekly spec events starting this Friday with MX-5's @Brands Indy.

We've just rebooted our FM6 section with an experienced and top class fella running it and this is in the lead up to a Touring car series, which should be pretty sweet.

So yeah, check it out if you'd like to get some clean racing done with relaxed guys and are usually put off by the hardcore sim nazi nature of some organised leagues, as that's not what we're about.
Rules/regs are enforced to ensure fairness, but it's all about having fun with like minded people at the end of the day :)

LINK

Associate
I have played both side by side for a week, I have to say the handling on Forza 6 is really strange at times I think the cars require more tuning. The graphics are better, not significant but I would say Forza 5 looks a bit dull compared to 6 on the same tracks. I thought Forza 5 was crap, but playing 6 has really got me into the game having never played it on 360 so I would recommend it.

Associate
Forza 6 is a great game, I have been playing single player only, however I haven't played it properly over the past couple of weeks due to the issues with drivatars and really ruins the game.

Soldato
Has anyone else tried the Watkins Mustang competition? Top 12 go to LA to race for a Mustang GT.

I'm currently 102nd with a 1:18.1. Switching STM off and setting gearing to manual with clutch found me over 1 sec.

I'm losing so much time on the brakes. As soon as I touch them it locks up and completely screws the corner; I don't even have to push it to 50% and they lock. I'm pretty confident I could get into the 16s or low 17s if I can just sort the braking out. It was the same on my pad as on the wheel although it seems a lot worse lately, maybe it's the Mustang. It's annoying the the setups are completely locked down and you can't even mess with the brake pressure.

Does anyone have any good settings for the Thrustmaster TX wheel?

Soldato
Been playing this some more today and the Ai is still awful, I have also come to the conclusion that the chap that rogrammed the car handling based everything on how his corsa with tints and big wheels goes around corners.

Back
Top Bottom